Is This Official w10 update

saurabh7890

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I am currently on build .71 (updated through fast ring last week and then opted out of the insider).

I left the insider program after upgrading. I am currently NOT on insider and today when I checked the phone update it shows update for the build .107

Is this Official roll out or anything else ?

My phone is Lumia 532 Dual sim from India

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160218_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20160218_0002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 17

saurabh7890

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Can you go back into the Insider app and see what you are enrolled for, as it has changed slightly from just fast and slow rings.

I went to the insider app. After logging in it says to enrol in slow, fast , release and production build. This means that I am currently not enrolled as insider.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
.107 was in fast and slow ring, and now is released as official. See official Microsoft blogs

Official as far as those three phone models that shipped with W10M. So it should only be available to non-insiders if you own a 550, 950 or 950XL. Any other model and you'll have to be on the fast, slow or production ring of the insider program. Anyone not on the insider that has an older phone won't see it. It's not showing up for my wife's 520 (Cyan).

korbos

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I was Insider (slow ring) with my Lumia 930 just to get Win 10, after that I uninstalled Insider and did factory reset. I received and installed this .107 update and I have to say this update really messed up my phone - screen doesn't light up on any notification (real problem for me), double tap to wake doesn't work (it worked with previous win 10 slow ring version) and I get calendar reminders even after I click on dismiss button (like 6x times so I had to reset my phone). I am really disappointed with this update, which should be (pretty close to) official one.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I was Insider (slow ring) with my Lumia 930 just to get Win 10, after that I uninstalled Insider and did factory reset. I received and installed this .107 update and I have to say this update really messed up my phone - screen doesn't light up on any notification (real problem for me), double tap to wake doesn't work (it worked with previous win 10 slow ring version) and I get calendar reminders even after I click on dismiss button (like 6x times so I had to reset my phone). I am really disappointed with this update, which should be (pretty close to) official one.

I had the reminder thing. Damned annoying, but a soft reset sent it on it's way. As for double tap, have you turned it on in touch settings?

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The WC thread stated that this update is only for WM10 devices but as can be clearly seen from OP`s post it is rolling to other phones also, indeed Mi4 received it and I can confirm this after checking on several different devices and setups: when on insider the same build is offered as Windows 10 technical preview and if not insider as is on the shot "Windows 10 mobile"
That means OP`s phone is receiving official update

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I went to the insider app. After logging in it says to enrol in slow, fast , release and production build. This means that I am currently not enrolled as insider.
Not necessarily correct, you should tap on the three dots in the lower right corner and "about". That will give you the current insider status

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Official as far as those three phone models that shipped with W10M. So it should only be available to non-insiders if you own a 550, 950 or 950XL. Any other model and you'll have to be on the fast, slow or production ring of the insider program. Anyone not on the insider that has an older phone won't see it. It's not showing up for my wife's 520 (Cyan).
Insider Production is supposed to be equal to no insider at all, the same as if you check for update after hard reset

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Once a device is on the .71 or .63 builds your device will automatically start receiving cumulative updates like official updates. So it's as public as it gets. But the path from 8.1 to 10 is not public yet, that's when one can say that the older phones are now receiving WM10 officially.

korbos

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the reminder thing. Damned annoying, but a soft reset sent it on it's way. As for double tap, have you turned it on in touch settings?

I had it on with the update and tried to turn it on and off. What I tried a few minutes ago was turn it off, restart device and turn it back on. Now the double tap to wake works :).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6