Attention - Huge battery bug, anyone else experienced this?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I encountered a very very strange (?) bug, this is not the first time It happened, I didnt really cared earlier because Windows 10 was in early stages so I thought well this is natural.

Music finding app Shazam drained 90% of my battery in like 5-6 hours throughout the night on standby !!! Thats insane. And no I didnt run it in background, I didnt used that app for weeks. I charged my phone before going to bed, I wake up, alarm wasnt even ringing, almost fell asleep to work. Went to work with 11% battery.

I am thinking if this is Shazam app bug or its somehow in OS. I really dont know but it should be dealt with. Here is a screen (sorry that its in my native language)

shazam.png

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
maybe the app did an update and allowed itself to run in the background?

Internet wasnt on and auto updates are also turned off.

Even if it was somehow running on background, 90% is insanely much. Its like it was constantly looking for songs for 6 hours.

Sent from mTalk

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Which phone are you using?
Try turning off the phone and let it idle for a few hours to see if the battery level comes back. It seems that there are bug in recent builds regarding battery level detection and the battery saver.
I actually have a thread talking about it...

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Which phone are you using?
Try turning off the phone and let it idle for a few hours to see if the battery level comes back. It seems that there are bug in recent builds regarding battery level detection and the battery saver.
I actually have a thread talking about it...

Tried that immediately when i saw it. Battery was the same and even was still draining fast (continuing the bug draining) - until I uninstalled the app.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow, today it happened again and with another app.

This must be bug related to OS, not the app. Weird that exactly like last time. When I set my alarm to 4:38 AM when I get early to work, I notice huge battery drain, I go to battery saver and see the app draining a lot of battery on background. However, this time I disabled the app on background when I noticed the batterydrain and it kept draining the battery.

mtalk.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon