Edge (mobile) really sucks :(

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow I knew Edge was bad, but I didn't know how bad until I started playing w wife's iPhone 6S Plus. Safari blows it away. Blazing Speed, rendering, memory of pages, and overall smoothness. Damn MS has a long way to go to just keep us 1.1%, forgetting getting converts from ios...

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I also feel edge is truly slow! The browser is super important when you lack apps to use. I don't mind having all apps but then plz give me a browser worthy the task! Tests claim that edge is faster or as fast as other browsers but that's nothing I feel on my 950xl sadly.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I dislike Edge, right now. I'm hoping it is not quite finished and will have improvements shortly. I hate the fact that I cannot organize my favorites as I could in IE (just want the ability to sort alphabetically. I hate the fact that I cannot right-click and hit Back when web browsing. I have been doing that for many years and always forget that Edge doesn't allow it. I hate that I lost all my favorites on Win Phone 8.1 due to the syncing. I have all the folders from my desktop, but all of them are empty and none of the ones I saved to my phone are gone. WTF?
I know you are referencing mobile, but with Win 10 across all devices it is related.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Reviews suggest that Edge is as fast or faster than other browsers on Window 10 desktops. It's certainly very fast for me, and it's my primary browser. As someone else said, maybe the hardware on which you're running Edge is just not as fast as the iPhone on which you're running Safari? Your iPhone appears to be a ~$900 device, yet you're comparing it to a ~$600 Lumia.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow I knew Edge was bad, but I didn't know how bad until I started playing w wife's iPhone 6S Plus. Safari blows it away. Blazing Speed, rendering, memory of pages, and overall smoothness. Damn MS has a long way to go to just keep us 1.1%, forgetting getting converts from ios...

Indeed! Paired with Focus adblock from Firefox makes Safari even much faster! Using Edge on my 640 XL is really a chore.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Reviews suggest that Edge is as fast or faster than other browsers on Window 10 desktops. It's certainly very fast for me, and it's my primary browser. As someone else said, maybe the hardware on which you're running Edge is just not as fast as the iPhone on which you're running Safari? Your iPhone appears to be a ~$900 device, yet you're comparing it to a ~$600 Lumia.

Read again please.... OP is talking about a 950XL. The MOST expensive Windows phone on the market right now.

vt12

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why in Edge I have to press space after every word I type with wordflow. This is only enabled in Edge, too, and the rest of the OS follows the old and better scheme, where a space appears automatically after each new word is flicked in.

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree completely. Just so many websites just not working I looked up my sister in laws web page for a thing she is doing her picture rendered sideways and she was confused and said wow I didn't realize my picture was like that so she looked it up on her iPhone 6s plus and it was right side up and everything was fine. Another issue and its not my issue but my dads who is trying to convert myidtravel does not have a app for iOS or android you need to use the mobile site and guess what WP is the only phone that you can't buy a ticket on this site because you can not get to the text boxes to input your credit card info so your screwed. Every browser in the store doesn't work and edge with he dpi settings all the way down to 175% on a 1520 does not fix a dam thing its the same story and 8.1 doesn't work either on every phone I tied. You open it up on a android or a iPhone with he stock browser and it works like a charm. Microsoft's response to this is use your laptop. This site works in edge on pc universal app my ***. Not to mention so many mobile sites just don't respond to input. My dad is trying to convert to windows phone because he loves it but he just can't because the browser just isn't up to the task when there are no apps that he is used to he resorts to the mobile site and it doesn't work wtf!!!!!! I have made this point before that the browser has to be top priority in w10m because we don't have apps Microsoft has to to a better job. What really has me puzzled like I said earlier edge is a universal app sites that don't work on the phone work perfectly fine on my surface pro and this to me is just unacceptable. After 5 years with WP I'm about fed up with the browser its the one thing Microsoft has total control over to the app problem. I have two Lumia 1520s one running 8.1 the other on the latest .107 build. I like w10m better but 8.1 is faster and just works so its my daily driver. I think IE11 might be better than edge on mobile.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
1000%, it's the most glaring difference coming from 8.1 or going on my work iphone. Edge blows and with the app situation it should have been a top priority to have the best browser in the field bar none...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes true. Since we lack so many apps, even with Universal, Edge needs to be excellent so can use websites as a replacement. Instead, Edge is horrible

Mindprison

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Of all the issues, the one I hate the most is that tabs reload themselves all the time when switching between them.
What's the point of having 3 GB of RAM if they can't be kept in memory (Lumia 950 XL). My cheap Android tablet that has only 1 GB of RAM and outdated Android 4.3 doesn't have any problems keeping tabs in memory when using Chrome. How such a thing eluded Microsoft is beyond my comprehension. I've bought this new and modern phone and in 2016 I have to deal with things like these. I guess that's the price I pay for being to stubborn to switch to Android.

jbatacan

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So i have been snooping around on my 640 with the new update and i found that turning off syncing for the edge browser has significantly improved the speed. i turn it off and cleared cache and it has gotten way snappier. Maybe give it a try and see if its the syncing between all edge browsers that might be stuffing up your speed?

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Read again please.... OP is talking about a 950XL. The MOST expensive Windows phone on the market right now.

Yes I know, but the 950XL is still significantly less than the iPhone 6s Plus with which he's comparing the browser speeds. That iPhone literally costs 50% more.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: My New Favourite Browser

On W10M I had to give up on Edge. I had too many problems. I'm using Surfy for now until Edge gets fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre