I decided to bite the bullet and update my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 last night. All didn't go to plan, but I did a hard reset and decided to set up from scratch. Pretty much everything is working as it should apart from the text messages, it has restored some, but only up to early December last year.

So I decided to do a test and reset back to 8.1 and set up as a new device, and within minutes all my texts were back. I then decided to try and update to 10 again and did a hard reset, set my phone up as a new device, and yet again the sms messages stop at December.

Has anyone else come across this, and more importantly, managed to get Windows 10 to show all backed up text messages?
    02-23-2016 08:17 AM
    I decided to bite the bullet and update my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 last night. All didn't go to plan, but I did a hard reset and decided to set up from scratch. Pretty much everything is working as it should apart from the text messages, it has restored some, but only up to early December last year.

So I decided to do a test and reset back to 8.1 and set up as a new device, and within minutes all my texts were back. I then decided to try and update to 10 again and did a hard reset, set my phone up as a new device, and yet again the sms messages stop at December.

Has anyone else come across this, and more importantly, managed to get Windows 10 to show all backed up text messages?
    there is a setting in sms that let you choose restoring old messages since when (the options include something like one month, one year and all time).
    02-23-2016 08:53 AM
    Yes this has been set to download all messages, that was the first thing I checked. it's not even downloading the most recent ones, it's older ones which is even more bizarre.
    02-23-2016 09:57 AM
    Hmm. It did that to me before so I just clicked on either of the choices and then finally settling on all messages. It downloaded everything just fine. It was a bit buggy in the sense that messages appear 3 or 4x. Which is annoying.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-24-2016 03:33 AM
    I just reset my AT&T 950 several days ago. Initially, the phone didn't pick up all the texts I backed up. But after I reinstalled all the app and got the phone back to working order, all my texts were back, none missing. Possibly it has something to do with the not officially released build.
    02-24-2016 03:49 AM