Are there any good Panorama apps?

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Been looking for a while for something easy, fast and functional. Emphasis on Functional then on fast.

The closest I came was Cyclomatic, but then it seems to never work or barely work these days with the arrow not moving or taking pics.

I know the camera's long been a slow poke in Windows Mobile (or at least just lumia phones) before the Denim update, but it's still having its slouchy behavior and I wonder if that's why I can't find a good app. And most of the old ones are defunct (like z-stitch and the old MS Sphere app).

So how can I take a good Panorama without being both frustrated and embarrassed in public?

What do you all use?

Note: I won't lie, I've gotten to the point of just taking a bunch of single shots, and have Google Photos auto-magically make a pano for me :/

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
the app has been pulled from the store, so I can't download it on my new phone.

If you've downloaded and installed it on a previous phone and are on WM10 now check your library under the store app.
I was surprised to find it in my store library list and reinstalled it.

Photosynth.jpg

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies... But I must say, going to that App List is a strong reminder to me as to some of the things that really frustrate me in Windows 10.

It's a long, LONG, list with absolutely no way to order or filter the list. The Dev's solutions at times are, toss in a list and be done with it. It's infuriating!

Ok, soapbox off. I take it from the responses there really aren't that many options for alternatives for a panorama app on the platform? I tried the suggestion and after searching through the list, found PhotoSynth, but now... well, it won't download and anytime I try to see what's currently in the download list of the Store App, the Store crashes :/

So now this has led me to a glitch... But in any event, are there no hidden gems in the Panorama department on Windows Phone?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The store has been very stubborn for some today.
I gave up earlier.
Things will comeback eventually however...they usually do.
Good luck there.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well after a reboot, I still had no luck. Downloading a few random apps and *then* going back to the downloads menu seems to have cleared it up.

For what it's worth, I did get Photosynth back (in all it's now aged glory), and also a few older versions of apps long since killed or gone paid. So that's pretty good.

However my original question still lingers and I fear there's no answer... No alternative, *good and fast* panorama apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05