Managing Junk Mail - Outlook Mobile App

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I get an enormous amount of spam/junk e-mail. I've configured Office 365 Outlook to block hundreds of domains/addresses and set the Junk e-mail filter to High. I've also added every sender in my junk mail folder to the Blocked list on the Outlook Web app.

I still wake up to >100 spam e-mails on my Outlook mobile app. I am running Win 10 Insider Preview Fast Track, but the problem has existed for me since Windows Phone 8.1.

I've done the dance with Microsoft customer service and not reached anything close to a solution (No, a factory reset doesn't magically improve Outlook's junk mail filtering). I can clear my spam email once I sync the Office Outlook desktop app. That's fine. However, I don't always have my Surface Pro 3 on with Outlook running.

Does anyone have any strategies or solutions for managing massive amounts of Spam/Junk mail on the Outlook Mobile app for Windows 10?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Do all your spam controlling at https://mail.live.com. Use rules instead of spam control
It does no good to control with Office Outlook. That just stops the spam from getting to the desktop inbox and does nothing for the spam that comes through outlook.com to the phone.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Do all your spam controlling at https://mail.live.com. Use rules instead of spam control
It does no good to control with Office Outlook. That just stops the spam from getting to the desktop inbox and does nothing for the spam that comes through outlook.com to the phone.

What I've been doing is selecting everything that is moved to the Junk folder from Office Outlook on the mail.live.com (outlook.com) web app then blocking those senders. Are you saying that blocked senders doesn't work for cascading down to the Outlook Mobile App and that I have to set up individual rules for all those senders?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon