MS strategy

haykol

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
We saw in the past days that MS is publishing their apps to other platforms and they are updating it and giving it good look but they don't do the same to Windows Mobile that is their platform and the reason is that MS wanna just compete google and apple but they forgot their platform cause they are sure that even if google or apple tried to do the same this will be in MS's goal and people will buy its mobiles and when you ask why MS is not exclusive their apps to their mobiles and this will make the people who use this apps buy Lumias or Windows devices you will get this answer "MS is a software company so they will publish their apps in all the platforms" and when you ask why they don't put the same features in their apps on their platform you will get this answer "MS made the apps on the other platforms before they made it on their OS so they just update it" and they don't even think that features is just ideas and when you have it you just need to code it

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations for writing the worlds longest sentence.

And yes, Microsoft supports it's customers regardless of what platform they're using. It's a real shame that Apple and Google both don't do the same.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
A small percentage of users on iOS and Android would bring in more money than entire WP user base, they have to go where the money is.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations for writing the worlds longest sentence.
I disagree. If that were a sentence, it would have contained punctuation, or at least a period at the end. It is just a long string of words.

A lot of words to say "Microsoft should ignore all other platforms and concentrate exclusively on making Windows 10 mobile better." Such an attitude completely ignores the big picture in favor of short term goals.

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't think that you know what you're talking about.
I think I'll make huge post with screenshots about differences between Android and WP apps, because there are some, but from what I see, there's ANY big difference to say that one's better than another.
Consumer's money are just consumer's money. They spend I don't know $50? maybe $150 for apps?.
The industrial money are the real thing. They plan to make money of Android, iOS and WP apps, that they didn't write. That's their strategy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium