Microphone Problem L1520

garama

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys am having issues with my microphone only when I place a call, I can hardly be heard on the other end. Cortana, speaker and heard phones work fine with voice. I have hard reset several times in vain. I don't really want my phone ripped open coz that usually the start of many other problems. On WP..107. Are builds causing this? Anyone experienced this? If yes..... Any solutions yet?
Lumia 1520

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
From a looks point of view my 1520 looks brand new, but it is starting to feel it's age, on calls the microphone cuts out (Well lets say "I go very quite for a bit then come back") for a few seconds on maybe every 10th call or so, my battery isn't lasting as long as it used to, again it's variable most days fine, but others it's lasting 50% less with no apparent reason, and web surfing hasn't ever been the best experience I have ever had.

I am starting to think there will be life after 1520 and it is probably coming sooner than I had anticipated, my daughter is getting married in May, I really don't want to spend any money before then so if the 1520 was to die now I think I would get a 650 to get by with, but then the hunt for the 1520's real replacement begins with the 950XL, the Surface phone or the HP Elite being options at the moment.

But back to your original question, I have seen a few comments regarding the microphone on 1520's having the odd issue and there is at least one video of how to replace it, but I understand what you say about opening them up and if you replace the mic, do you replace the battery etc.

Does the age of the phone warrant it now, I think I will let my 1520 die un-molested and with dignity :cry:

It can go and continue it's life next to it's much loved predecessor the small but mighty HTC HD2 (Lasted 4 years) in the drawer I call "Almost dead, but not really, phone heaven".

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys am having issues with my microphone only when I place a call, I can hardly be heard on the other end. Cortana, speaker and heard phones work fine with voice. I have hard reset several times in vain. I don't really want my phone ripped open coz that usually the start of many other problems. On WP..107. Are builds causing this? Anyone experienced this? If yes..... Any solutions yet?
Lumia 1520

Ive been having the same problem with this actually. Sadly Im going to part ways with this phone. There are a ton of threads and Google Searches Ive done on this topic. Apparently it boils down to some ribbon cable that controls the bottom lights as well as the microphone you use for calls. Its a fault in the 1520. Yes you can open your phone and replace the cable however from what I've read the problem does come back over time. I am going to take the plunge and pick up a L640 over the weekend, yes its a drastic measure but Im under contract until May so I have to make something work. THis whole not being able to answer my phone unless Im on Bluetooth sucks. In may Ill make the decision whether or not to go to a 950/XL or to go to Apple. Im really hoping Microsoft starts to catch up on the App Gap. The phone does exactly what I need from a business stand point. As much as people ***** about the size of this phone, I love it.. Not to mention great conversation piece.. "Dude what is that thing :) :) :) ".

So to reply to your actual thread. Yes its a common trend amongst the 1520s. Depending on how comfortable you are diving inside a phone and replacing a cable I leave that up to you. I will be biding my time and picking up a $30.00 640 this weekend just to ride the time, From what Ive read a lot of people talk highly of this phone. Is it a 1520 obviously not, however will it due its job in the mean time - yes..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas