Sell me W10M! What does it do better than WP8.1?

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
You bought a 650? LOL

Let me save the ******'s some trouble:
Shut up ! The OS is in its early stages! It's only been like a year since they started developing it. Of course it's gonna have problems. Don't buy a phone with a beta OS!

The Question is , that is he using the OUT of the box version or updated to the newest .122. the OS may be a beta but works as gud as the android and iOS, missing features are a diffrent story as we are getting them one after the other. i have a 2 year OLD device L1520 and it works as flawless as my bro's S6 and is fatser on w10M compared to android devices came the same time it did.

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What is so much better about the start screen? Someone said customization? I don't see (yet) how it's more customizable than WMo8.1

try Reddit:
/r/WindowsStartScreens/

you can see examples of other customization on WM10 that is not possible with WP8.1
I posted some of mine there a long time ago..

however, on WM10, it's hard to make your start look beautiful...but it can be. :)

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
You are sending emails to your self?
Ever heard of the abillity to save emails in the "sent" box?

It's been a few days, is it still slow sometimes?

Yes, I like to send emails to myself. With POP3 email accounts (because I work as a consultant to different companies I currently have 10 of these) auto bccing myself is a handy way to ensure an email sent from my phone ends up on my office server where it is then stored for a minimum of 12 years to comply with general legal as well as specific contractual requirements. Windows Phone 8.1 had the facility to do this. W10M does not - at the moment I have to bcc manually which is a pain because when one is under pressure one could forget.

I would say that Microsoft do not often remove a functionality just for the hell of it. There may therefore be an alternative means of meeting my requirement which I haven't cottoned on to ... yet! Anyone any ideas?

Having worked with W10M for a few days is it fair to describe my (admittedly pretty basic) phone as painfully slow at times? No, I don't think it is. The phone seems to be working fine and I cannot honestly recall a time over the last 24 hours when it has gone slow. I don't play any games on the phone but I do follow the news (including using Flipboard) and I v much prefer the new web browser. So speed doesn't seem to be an issue.

Battery life can be a bit tight but the lowest I've got in a day is 12% so Microsoft have judged that right for this particular business user. I do think if I had a couple of very long calls in a day I might struggle ... we'll have to see.

Joao Bento

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

I liked the fact that they removed the core apps from the SO allowing apps like Outlook, music and others to be updated without having to wait for an operative system update. this gives them more potential in terms of improvements and bug fixing.

I also liked the UI changes because they give Windows 10 a more consistent look between PC and Mobile. That is awesome.

DarthJay38

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
/begin rant

It can make you pull your hair out due to the application crashes and instability of it.

• Need an alarm to wake you up? Feel lucky? It might work, but probably not.
  • You like live tiles? Bummer. They are spotty at best.
  • Got Gmail and want to be notified when you get an email? Too bad.
  • You like all those Microsoft apps like Office, Cortana and OneDrive? They're okay on WM10, but way better in iOS or Android. Shhhh, don't look.
  • And much, much more...

I say all this as a guy who expected FAR MORE from my Lumia 950 NOT on the Insider program than what I got as an Insider with my 920. The OS is every bit as buggy as the beta versions I ran before I got my 950.

/end rant

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hahhahahahahahhahahahaha. I am really sry it doesn't work for you but what? only for outlook? like its the first thing all complain here. they say slow while my old 535 goes as fast as it would and better than 8,1. No app crushes this has been resolved months ago. don't say backwards when you talk for only 1 app and dont killl the entire OS for 1 problem, dunno why it was slow. all android phones that are cheap are slow. if you dont like it dont buy it and move on already all of you i believe we are all bored of hearing the same things and most of them not be true while All this Android supermacy is trying to do what apple and ms do.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 is being updated, about all the engineers are working on it, as you may notice Windows 8.1 isn't being updated, except to move to Windows 10. There are still features that the 8.1 phone has, but is not on the windows 10 phone. Not all people can afford to
purchase a new phone, just to get Windows 10, when I purchased my BLU WIN HD LTE I was under the presumption that it will be updated to Windows 10. Reading Windows Central,
I'm glad I didn't use the phone for my insider, since there seems to be a lot of problems with the build. Since I noticed problems with the 950 XL and the Nokia 520 is still waiting for the new build, I still use my BLU WIN HD LTE running 8.1 as my main phone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I didn't use the phone for my insider, since there seems to be a lot of problems with the build. Since I noticed problems with the 950 XL and the Nokia 520 is still waiting for the new build, I still use my BLU WIN HD LTE running 8.1 as my main phone.

Correction, 520 has normally received last build as usual. I guess you don't switch it in Slow / Release Ring as mentioned in release bulletin.
Please, read release notes or official Gabe blog.
I'm asthonished reading people still removing battery, instead using soft reset :asleep:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss