Missing App Icons on Windows Mobile

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Weird problem here. Two apps, Groove and Skype, are missing their icons on the all apps page.
Running Insider / Production ring on Lumia 920.
Any ideas how to fix?
wp_ss_20160227_0001.jpg

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Also happens to MSN Weather. But, you can't uninstall Groove or MSN Weather, so the only way I have been able to get the icons back is a hard reset. Not recommending, just saying how I've got the icons to come back. It usually happens after I move from 8.1 Mobile to 10 Mobile, so something is happening (or not happening) during the migration process.

Polochamps

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Same case here. Missing groove, travel and weather icons on my 640 xl.

Does hard reset also delete the contents of my Micro sd card and contacts from my sim card? Thanks!

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here on a Lumia 930. I just made a clean total reinstall of the system (WDRT->8.1->10) and I've these "blank icons". I don't want to do a hard reset, because last time I did one I lost many features and had many bugs (and it was why I've done this new clean install...)
Hope they are working for a fix, or at least a workaround (e.g. just let us uninstall/re-install weather and groove and poblem will be solved). Very frustrating...

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
^you can get those missing extra settings by SysApp Pusher... But still I wont do a hard reset since i will loose all those apps which are no longer available in the store.. I ll rather wait for app update..

r2r

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
This is so annoying. It keeps on coming back every time there's an update. Is it really that hard to fix or they just keep breaking the build version. Missing icons...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This is so annoying. It keeps on coming back every time there's an update. Is it really that hard to fix or they just keep breaking the build version. Missing icons...

I bet apps are on SD card. Sometimes stores wait for user attention for checking all core and 3rd part updates, go to Store, hamburgher, my downloads, updates.

Another workaround is moving temporaly apps on phone memory

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99