This is really bugging me.
    I moved over some contacts from Outlook to my Windows 10 phone, and yes, I see their little round pictures on the live "People Tile"
    However I've since decided some I don't wish to have any more, someone who has passed away, and kids that are now adults, so I wish to re-do the contact.

So I deleted them, and they are gone from the phone totally.
    But the images are still showing on the "People Tile"

I cannot see any way to remove these, and it's been well over a day since deleting them from the phone, but still the images remain.

Help!
    02-29-2016 03:22 PM
    Did you turn it off and on?

Seriously, I had that issue, a soft reset fixed it.
    02-29-2016 03:29 PM
    How do I do a soft reset please?

I'm actually annoyed that the phone STILL is holding onto a lot of contacts I've deleted.
    I open outlook, start typing, say an "A" or a "B" and all the people's (contacts) names starting with that appear on a list, but they are all ones I have deleted.
    It's like it's holding onto them from the past and does not want to let go.
    02-29-2016 04:42 PM
    Did a Google and finally found out how to do a soft reset (and did one)
    Looked ok for a few moments, then all the deleted contact photo's were back on the "People Tile"

Likewise, if I go into Outlook and start typing a name, the whole list of deleted contacts returns.

So the phone is NEVER going to let go of contacts I've deleted.

Sorry, I love my phone but this is TERRIBLE.........
    02-29-2016 04:57 PM
    I'm getting to the point of thinking of HARD Resetting my new phone.
    I've tried soft reset, I've edited/deleted my Windows Outlook contacts.
    I installed the PEOPLE app on my Windows 10 PC and edited the contact list on that also.

Yet still my phone is showing images of people I don't want on the People Tile.
    Also, I go into Outlook email on the phone, type a 1st letter and a whole list of names I've deleted are still there.

Is there no way to clear this other than a hard reset?
    03-02-2016 05:09 PM
    Slightly unrelated but do other have just blank empty tiles show up? feel like there should be an option to not show contacts with no images :/
    03-03-2016 01:43 AM
    Unrelated to people tile, I have same issue with photo tile. I had deleted them from my phone and my one drive and the still appeared. Fixed this problem by connecting phone to computer and deleting phone photos after they were backed up on pc. Dont know this would help. Not good u have to hard reset a new phone
    03-03-2016 02:20 AM
    Is your phone sync'ing your contacts via your mailbox or MS account (or other linked account like Facebook/LInkedIn/etc)? Check your accounts and see.
    Its not something I have had an issue with (and I have just tried now as a test and it works fine), if we get more info we can try and help.
    03-03-2016 03:11 AM
    Thank you for the advice so far.
    Last night I was attempting to unlink as much as possible.
    As far as I can tell the phone is now only linked to my Outlook Email address, and in the man contacts I only have a few people.
    The bulk are nicely organised in sub-folders which Windows Phone can't see - Apparently.

In Outlook, or rather Windows 10 mail, I was also linked into my Gmail account but I've now broken that connection, (was no point to it anyway as I use Gmail via a web page)

Also downloaded the "People App" to my Windows 10 desktop and only place in there a few people also.

Moving on.......................

Good news, since doing all of that last night, and whilst they were there for some time after.. This evening is seems the unwanted Profile images of people in the "People" live tile have finally gone.... Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

I am still left with 1 puzzle, which, whilst not really an issue, it still puzzling and a little annoying.

I go into Outlook on my Phone, press say the 1st letter of a name "R" and a list of names come up "surname beginning with R" but those names are nowhere in my phone, Not in People on the PC, nor on the normal Outlook contact list.

(only in an outlook subfolder the phone knows nothing about)

They are names I "DID" move over temporarily into the main contacts area in outlook, the phone got them and now simply won't let go of them.
    Feels like I want to flush them out of the phone, but there is no way.
    03-03-2016 01:53 PM
    Good that we seem part way there.

Ok, that looks its a very similar function to the auto-complete cache in Outlook (the full Windows app). No idea if you can disable/clear it. Will have a play when I get the chance.
    03-03-2016 02:08 PM
    Good that we seem part way there.

Ok, that looks its a very similar function to the auto-complete cache in Outlook (the full Windows app). No idea if you can disable/clear it. Will have a play when I get the chance.
    Indeed yes, exactly, it's like it's held onto deleted contacts so it can, as you say "Auto Complete" when I start to type in a name.
    Naturally in normal terms this is a good thing, but it's a bit silly and could be very unwanted if it won't flush deleted contacts out.
    I mean, imagine of you had dozens of X girlfriends on there.

Not that I have! LOL.

I do have people who have passed away, that I would rather not see their name listed when I type the same starting letter of their name.

Very much appreciated if you can come up with anything.
    03-03-2016 02:15 PM
    Unrelated to people tile, I have same issue with photo tile. I had deleted them from my phone and my one drive and the still appeared. Fixed this problem by connecting phone to computer and deleting phone photos after they were backed up on pc. Dont know this would help. Not good u have to hard reset a new phone
    This is so annoying...It doesn't matter how many hundreds of pictures I have on my phone it seems to cycle through the same 5-10 pictures. I took a picture of a UPS label to record the tracking number, I deleted that picture a LONG time ago and yet it still cycles on my Photo tile.
    03-03-2016 03:25 PM
    Have you checked your Skype too?

About 90% of all my contacts were linked to Skype, if I delete them from phone (Hotmail) they would still remain in Skype. To clear it deleted all phone contacts from Skype on my laptop w/ Windows 7 (you can't delete them on phone, at least not on WP8), but when I open Skype on phone and tablet they would still be there.

Then I deleted them from Skype on tablet w/ W10 (Skype on laptop was clean now), but again, Skype on phone had all phone contacts. In Peoples app, if I chose to show contacts from Hotmail and Skype everything from Skype was there too.

When I finally deleted Skype from phone (all the time I thought it was preinstalled like OneDrive for example) and reinstalled it it was clean, no phone contacts there and Peoples app is clear too with only Skype contacts from Skype
    03-03-2016 03:49 PM