Groove Player showing empty music genres

offroad73

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

The Groove Player on my Lumia 950 is showing a LOT of empty music genres.

I just finished transfering about 500 albums from my Media Center collection on my phone. All albums were carefully tagged over the years (artist, genre, year, etc.) and all other music applications (Zune, Groove Player on a PC, Media Center, WMP...) are detecting only 26 music genres. But not Groove Player on my Windows Phone: it sees about 50+ music genres.

The thing is all these extra genres are showing up in the "filter by genre" list and shows no albums or songs at all when I filter by one of them. (There is even an empty "empty" genre... love it. *sarcasm*)

I am looking for a way to either edit this list, or get a way to have Groove Player only showing genres with actual music corresponding to it.

Anybody else have had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Patrick

offroad73

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Tried what you've been proposing but with no success.

While exploring the content of the Music folder on my phone I discovered that all my albums add a cover while exporing them with Windows Explorer but not all of them were showing them in Groove Player.

I think I really need a way to clear out the Groove Player cache on my W10M phone... ?

offroad73

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I've found this link here that explains how to clearGroove Player cache :

Basically, simply had to create a shortcut on my desktop to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database then copy this shortcut to the phone (Documents folder) the get to this shortcut on the phone using File Explorer. Delete the content of the folder at the other end of the shortcut and relaunch Groove Player.

In my case it rebuilt the library and fixed all the issues with albums showing no cover at all. However, after a little while... the nonsense music genres started to appears again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss