Windows 10 mobile - how to identify where an is installed?

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile - how to identify where an is installed

I have a Lumia 950 with an 128Gb SD card. Some time back I changed the default install location for apps to the SD card.

My phone re-boots once in a while (mostly bluetooth related I think), and after the last re-boot I got a message when the phone restarted that it was having trouble with the SD card. I waited 15 minutes or so, but when I checked storage the SD card still wasn't available, so I rebooted again, and now it is OK.

I think it may be better if I don't install apps to the SD card any more, but I can't tell which apps are on it. Is there a way to see that, and is there a way to move them, or do I have to uninstall and re-install all my apps to be sure?

I have OS build 10.0.10586.107 installed.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile - how to identify where an is installed

I have a Lumia 950 with an 128Gb SD card. Some time back I changed the default install location for apps to the SD card.

My phone re-boots once in a while (mostly bluetooth related I think), and after the last re-boot I got a message when the phone restarted that it was having trouble with the SD card. I waited 15 minutes or so, but when I checked storage the SD card still wasn't available, so I rebooted again, and now it is OK.

I think it may be better if I don't install apps to the SD card any more, but I can't tell which apps are on it. Is there a way to see that, and is there a way to move them, or do I have to uninstall and re-install all my apps to be sure?

I have OS build 10.0.10586.107 installed.

Go to settings -> System -> Storage

Last edited:

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I did, but I didn't look thoroughly enough, and now feel reall stoopid. :)

And now I see an option to move the an app. Cool!

Thanks for everyones help.

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Seems like moving an app is not without problems. After moving them, many of my live tiles weren't working, replaced with text saying 'D:\WPSystem...'. They still worked but didn't look too nice. Removing the live tile and adding it back made no difference, only uninstalling & installing the app resolved that.

Also, after moving the apps, many of them had no icons in the app menu, just blank coloured squares, again only a re-install fixed those.

Lastly, some icons on the app menu have gone! All the Here apps were missing and a few others including Authenticator. I've uninstalled them from the storage menu, then re-installed from the Windows store. Maybe there's an easier way to do it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon