Windows Outlook Sub-Folders - Windows 10 Mobile Outlook - Sync ?

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
For many many years now, since first having Outlook as part of Office on my PC, I created Subfolders for my Contacts.

To me, this seems totally obvious and the only way to keep things neat and tidy and easy to find.
Emergency Numbers
Family Relations
General Friends
Shops

That type of thing, but more of course.
Then you place the person or places Contact details/card in the relevant subfolder.

I mean, you don't really want your auntie and uncle mixed in with the Bank, Car garage, swimming pool, undertaker, work/business numbers etc etc. One big messy mass of numbers.
Like anything on computers or in real life, it's good to keep things in catagories/folders. Easy to find and logical.
If you want the car garage, but can't remember it's name, you know it will be in your car folder for example....

Anyway.......

YEARS ago, I bought an iPad1 (hangs head in shame, but hey it was on launch day and a very special device back then)
I was pleased to see, even thought this was Apple. Arch enemy of Microsoft, and we had to go via iTunes (spit!)
That the iPad was actually able to sync and keep in place all the contact catagories from my Outlook contact list.
I was impressed the iPad, way back then kept my structure intact......

So, we wind forward 5+ years to 2016 and Windows 10 mobile.
Wishing to sync my contacts between my Msoft Mobile running Windows 10 mobile with Outlook 2016 from Msoft on my PC running Windows 10.

I mean, what could be MORE guaranteed than this to all work perfect and all transfer over, all subfolders and catagories intact.

But?

As far as I can see (and please let me be wrong) this does not work. Windows 10 mobile Outlook, does not see any subfolders from Windows 10 desktop outlook.

Yes/No ?

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Impressive.

108 views and not one reply! :cry:

Am I the only one who has Subfolders in Outlook on their PC ?

Now 124 views and not one reply. Looks like I'm going for a record here folks.... lol :)

Last edited:

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I'll reply...but I don't use sub-folders, so not much help....sorry!

LOL, well thanks for the reply anyway, at least I know you are not all bots.. (laughs!)

Seriously, does everyone else just have one MASSIVE list with every single contact all mixed together?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I use contact in outlook cloud. my contact are not separated like yours in a sub folder but any sub folder I have sync with my computer cause it is from the cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb