For many many years now, since first having Outlook as part of Office on my PC, I created Subfolders for my Contacts.

To me, this seems totally obvious and the only way to keep things neat and tidy and easy to find.
    Emergency Numbers
    Family Relations
    General Friends
    Shops

That type of thing, but more of course.
    Then you place the person or places Contact details/card in the relevant subfolder.

I mean, you don't really want your auntie and uncle mixed in with the Bank, Car garage, swimming pool, undertaker, work/business numbers etc etc. One big messy mass of numbers.
    Like anything on computers or in real life, it's good to keep things in catagories/folders. Easy to find and logical.
    If you want the car garage, but can't remember it's name, you know it will be in your car folder for example....

Anyway.......

YEARS ago, I bought an iPad1 (hangs head in shame, but hey it was on launch day and a very special device back then)
    I was pleased to see, even thought this was Apple. Arch enemy of Microsoft, and we had to go via iTunes (spit!)
    That the iPad was actually able to sync and keep in place all the contact catagories from my Outlook contact list.
    I was impressed the iPad, way back then kept my structure intact......

So, we wind forward 5+ years to 2016 and Windows 10 mobile.
    Wishing to sync my contacts between my Msoft Mobile running Windows 10 mobile with Outlook 2016 from Msoft on my PC running Windows 10.

I mean, what could be MORE guaranteed than this to all work perfect and all transfer over, all subfolders and catagories intact.

But?

As far as I can see (and please let me be wrong) this does not work. Windows 10 mobile Outlook, does not see any subfolders from Windows 10 desktop outlook.

Yes/No ?
    03-07-2016 03:25 PM
    Impressive.

108 views and not one reply!

Am I the only one who has Subfolders in Outlook on their PC ?

Now 124 views and not one reply. Looks like I'm going for a record here folks.... lol :)
    Last edited by Snaffie; 03-08-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    03-08-2016 11:42 AM
    Am I the only one who has Subfolders in Outlook on their PC ?

Now 124 views and not one reply
    I'll reply...but I don't use sub-folders, so not much help....sorry!
    03-08-2016 03:40 PM
    I'll reply...but I don't use sub-folders, so not much help....sorry!
    LOL, well thanks for the reply anyway, at least I know you are not all bots.. (laughs!)

Seriously, does everyone else just have one MASSIVE list with every single contact all mixed together?
    03-08-2016 04:31 PM
    Seriously, does everyone else just have one MASSIVE list with every single contact all mixed together?
    yes :)

but i dont save every contact i have ever made contact with. only important people
    03-08-2016 04:35 PM
    I use contact in outlook cloud. my contact are not separated like yours in a sub folder but any sub folder I have sync with my computer cause it is from the cloud.
    03-08-2016 05:59 PM
    Also I use the company slot to input the separator
    03-08-2016 06:01 PM
    Thinking about it. It should work cause of the cloud as Microsoft is going that way
    03-08-2016 06:03 PM