Why aren't my contacts synching in Windows 10 Mobile?

baremetal920

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Contacts not synching in Windows 10 Mobile

I am currently on OS build 10.0.10586.122, Slow Ring Insider.

My contacts on my hotmail account doesn't synchronize with my phone. When I check the settings, it says attention required and when I tap the item, it says something went wrong. Checking the people app on desktop, I have all my contacts there.

Full error message:
Something went wrong

We can't connect to snt407-m.hotmail.com right now. Make sure you have a connection, then try again.

Error code: 0x80072efe

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts not synching in Windows 10 Mobile

your account maybe blocked or need attention? login via web browser to account.live.com and check...

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem on two outlook.com accounts, neither of which is blocked. Seems to be an issue with the People app, as Outlook 2016 desktop syncs just fine with outlook.com. But my Surface and my Windows Phone (W10M) refuse to sync all contacts. I'm working with a Microsoft support rep on this.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem on two outlook.com accounts, neither of which is blocked. Seems to be an issue with the People app, as Outlook 2016 desktop syncs just fine with outlook.com. But my Surface and my Windows Phone (W10M) refuse to sync all contacts. I'm working with a Microsoft support rep on this.

I noticed the same when I went to text a contact that I know I have saved and their info didn't pop up. I reset my phone the other day using WDRT in order to get off Redstone so apparently the problem has been going on for a few days. I get no error message on synch though and just tried another hard reset...still the same problem. Pretty sad as I've been saving most new contacts from the past year or so to Outlook to help get away from Google. so now I don't have access to these folks on my phone. Please do check back in and let us know if the support rep is able to get it sorted out.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just checking in to see if support was able to get this sorted out for anyone? I've noticed that it also effects your text messages being restored and the ability to chat with Skype contacts through messaging since it doesn't link the contact to an outlook account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo