Is it possible to set different sounds for different email accounts on Windows 10 Mobile?

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, on Windows 8.1 Mobile I could set different notification sounds for each of my email accounts. I'm not seeing that on Windows 10 Mobile. The Outlook Mail application shows up as a single app, which will obviously give all the email accounts the same notification sound. Windows 8.1 would show all email accounts individually and would allow for the option of choosing the tone you wanted. Thanks.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, on Windows 8.1 Mobile I could set different notification sounds for each of my email accounts. I'm not seeing that on Windows 10 Mobile. The Outlook Mail application shows up as a single app, which will obviously give all the email accounts the same notification sound. Windows 8.1 would show all email accounts individually and would allow for the option of choosing the tone you wanted. Thanks.
Yes, can be done but in a different way.

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
What other way is there. I've looked everywhere. There's only one Outlook Mail application at the Notifications & Actions sections from where to change Banners and Sounds from.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings->Notifications in Outlook and choose "Group Notifications by Account in Action Center". Make sure notification banners and sounds are on for your email accounts. Now when you go to Notifications in All Settings there should be options for each mail account rather than just Outlook Mail.

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my Windows 10 Mobile phone then because all I see at the Settings=Notifications in Outlook is "Show notifications in the action center" (which is already chosen) and "Show a notification banner" (which is already chosen) and "Play a sound" (which is already chosen) but I'm still only seeing the Outlook Mail app at the "Notifications & Actions" no matter if I have multiple email accounts.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What build of W10M are you running? The sound-per-account bug was only fixed fairly recently. If you're on Slow or Preview Ring, and have a current build, you should see it.

When the bug fix first came out, I had to delete the mail accounts and then recreate them. And even then, the accounts didn't show up under Notifications until after I'd received one e-mail to each account. You may want to try that.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Running release .164 with Outlook 17.6568.46272.0 here and I don't see an option to "Group Notifications by Account in Action Center" anywhere in the notifications settings.
wp_ss_20160310_0001.png

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
My Outlook shows it directly above the message you have saying Notification Settings can be customised for each of your accounts. That message only appears for me after I've selected the option.

I'm running build 164, previously stated Outlook version, on a Lumia 925.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
No matter what options I select at any time, I don't ever see any other options on the Outlook Notifications settings screen other than what is in the image I posted earlier. I've tried "Apply to all accounts" as well as editing them all individually. Nothing changes, and I don't see the option to "Group Notifications by Account in Action Center" anywhere. So I'd appreciate it if you could attach a screen shot that shows this extra option.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20160310_0002.png

When I set this option I was warned that my tiles would be unpinned from start, so having your mail accounts pinned individually may be necessary for the option to appear.

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. You were definitely on the right track. In order to be able to view all your email accounts on the "Notifications & Actions" panel with the option to change the Notification, Banners, Sounds, etc. individually like on Windows 8.1 Mobile, you must first make sure your email sync settings are set to receive emails "As items arrive". You must then send each of your accounts an email; if your settings are correct and there isn't anything fishy going on, you should receive notifications for all of your emails received. I had my email sync settings to "manually" so even though I would receive my emails when hitting the Sync button, I wasn't getting the option to customize my accounts individually because you have to get that notification forcibly. On Windows 8.1 as soon as I would create an email account, I would get the option to customize my notifications automatically, I guess it's no longer the case with Windows 10 Mobile. Thanks for the hint, and hopefully I have explained my solution as clear as possible for everyone else with the same problem.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Tried pinning my accounts to the Start screen and sending emails between them. Even tried a reboot after and trying it all again. No luck on getting the option to show up on my phone.

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
If your emails are setup correctly to Sync as "as items arrive" (which is similar to apple push), then there's no reason whatsoever as to why you're not getting the option to customize your email notifications at the "Notifications & Actions" panel. I sent the emails from my Desktop because Google Mail & Yahoo Mail show you the errors and warnings when something goes wrong. I did sent multiple emails to each account, sometimes the emails would arrive rather quickly, sometimes 10 minutes after I sent them, and sometimes not until the next reboot; however, as long as the Sync option is "as items arrive" and there's nothing obstructing the account like a permission setting, they have to get there eventually. It's crucial to get that push notification though, it's the only way I finally did it. I was ready to go back to 8.1 just for that little setback; I'm not kidding. I can afford not to answer my second personal email every now and then, but my main personal email is very important.

nosajcee

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
i'm having the same problem, I've followed your steps Merazomo, but i'm still not able to able to set notifications sounds separately.
I update from Win 8.1 to Win 10 - version 1607, a couple of days ago.
How do you get this "push notification?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb