Outlook and Calendar crashing after last update

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a feeling I'm an isolated case from the looks of it, but I woke up to find my Outlook and Calendar apps both crash immediately after trying to open them. Tried a bunch of reboots even held power and vol down a few times and neither reboots helped. I know there was an app update yesterday so not sure it's directly related.

Not sure what to do other than wait for another app update which can be weeks. Anyone know where I can submit this feedback directly to MS? I really need to get my email and calendar back asap. Hard reset is not an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek Belman

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
The same is happening to me, I use a Lumia 640XL, After the last update I cannot open either the mail or the calendar, both crash immediately after I try to open them, get the splash screen, then go back to my home screen.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cannot do a hard reset

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a feeling I'm an isolated case from the looks of it, but I woke up to find my Outlook and Calendar apps both crash immediately after trying to open them. Tried a bunch of reboots even held power and vol down a few times and neither reboots helped. I know there was an app update yesterday so not sure it's directly related.

Not sure what to do other than wait for another app update which can be weeks. Anyone know where I can submit this feedback directly to MS? I really need to get my email and calendar back asap. Hard reset is not an option.

Try going in Settings -> Storage -> SD card -> search Outlook and move to memory device, then reboot

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually I checked for app updates 5 min ago and nothing was found from the app store.

Here's what's really weird. I just went back to the app store this time to look for another email app to install temporarily. Outlook was the first result so I went to it just to see what was in the last update. It offered me the option to update so I installed it.

Now it works again. WTF!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So check this out... I checked for app updates 5 min ago and nothing was found from the app store to be updated.

I went back to the app store this time to look for another email app to install temporarily. Outlook was the first result so I went to it just to see what was in the last update. It offered me the option to update so I installed it.

Now it works again. WTF!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
actually i checked for app updates 5 min ago and nothing was found from the app store.

Here's what's really weird. I just went back to the app store this time to look for another email app to install temporarily. Outlook was the first result so i went to it just to see what was in the last update. It offered me the option to update so i installed it.

Now it works again. Wtf!

lol

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The same thing with my Lumia 1020 with the latest Insider Preview. You are not alone. Being reported in the Store reviews for Outlook Mail and Calendar.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I know this is not going to be much help, but I got the latest Windows 10 update last night, on my 640XL and just tried the calendar and Outlook apps and they both seem fine.

meoge

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue as the OP and like him I checked for updates but none were showing. After seeing his post I searched for Outlook in the store and sure enough it had the update button. Updated and everything is working again. Glad I came here before resetting my phone.

Robinator

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there something fundamentally broken with Windows? These sorts of issues just happen far too often.

I'm glad I came here for shooting my L640.

After the third update in 15 minutes Mail at least now starts again. Whew!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb