How can I turn off the hearing damage warning?

K1ngJony

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on W10M, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what build because this has been a feature since WP 8 that I know of. This warning shows up after I've had my speakers plugged in for a couple hours saying that "keeping headphones on a high volume for long periods could cause permanent hearing damage" (I'm working on a renovation and play music all through the day) and it brings my volume down to 13 and then I can barely hear my music and have to come back to my phone and turn it back up. This happens a couple times a day because I play music all the time while I'm working (around 12 hours) and it has become really annoying. So, now to my question, as per the title, is there any way I can disable this feature?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No, to the best of my knowledge, it cannot be disabled. I get the warning often when I connect my phone to my cars' Bluetooth systems, where I turn the volume up to 25, but control the actual volume on the radio's knob.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I get the warning all the time on my Nokia Lumia 2520... The thing is, that tablet is LOUD so I appreciate the advice.

:winktongue:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting..I never saw the the warning on Windows, just WP and WinMo. But, I have limited exposure to WinRT.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I understand, and appreciate what MS is wanting to do with it, but I should have the option to disable it. With wired headphones it is not an issue, but when I plug the headphone jack into my car (without Bluetooth) I have to crank up the volume just to hear it. I also run into it while on my Bluetooth headphones. The headphones themselves are quiet when below the threshold of the warning message.

MORE AUDIO OPTIONS PLEASE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett