So I dropped my 950XL on the sidewalk curb and into the water below. My screen shattered but good thing I have Microsoft complete! I backed up my phone and got the replacement. I hit restore from the latest date. I noticed not all my contacts are synced. I see phone numbers, but no names. The new girl I'm talking to, have no idea which one is her. Any who, so I thought, if I was on Fast Insider and got a bunch of updates since release, how is this fresh new phone going to handle the software I "backed up?" I'm still downloading whatever firmware. But the icons for people I pinned on start show "contact not found" I'm guessing it wasn't a good idea to restore from the latest backup.
    03-13-2016 07:27 PM
    if you saved a contact to outlook then it should have saved to the cloud. if you wait for your accounts to sync it should pair up names to numbers.
    03-13-2016 09:55 PM
    if you saved a contact to outlook then it should have saved to the cloud. if you wait for your accounts to sync it should pair up names to numbers.
    I logged onto Microsoft on the web and I see the contacts in the people app. It bewilders me why it's not syncing up on mobile people app.
    03-14-2016 03:03 AM
    I restored, then I did no restore (but the contacts were still missing), so I restored again and set to Slow ring preview. I must say, this phone performs better than my other one ever did. No lag when texting, band 2 is getting my messages, but texting/cortana with band 2 still doesn't work.
    03-14-2016 12:29 PM