Just trying to get some opinions on this.... I got an email from our IT guy this morning saying the following:

"This is a product that Microsoft purchased and quickly rebranded, not a ground-up Microsoft app.

Please note that Outlook Mobile has some very serious security problems and should not be used at this time. Most notable that is Outlook stores cached copies of emails in a not particularly secure way in the cloud without freely disclosing this fact.

There are many additional concerns, and security researchers have flagged Outlook Mobile as something that shouldnt even be out of QA. "
    03-14-2016 09:52 AM
    This applies to Android and iOS Outlook apps only.

They were originally email apps from Acompli which was acquired by MS. The primary concern is that all email and other stuff passes through an intermediary server which can expose sensitive data depending and isn't something a corporation may want to deal with.

I'm not the most up-to-date on the topic however, but I believe they're not wrong.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-14-2016 10:29 AM
    I don't know, you could try enabling the option called "Encrypt with S/MIME and Sign with S/MIME"
    03-14-2016 10:33 AM
    Not only is that related to the Acompli acquisition, it's also months old. I don't know how many updates there have been to the app since then (as I lost count quickly!) so the flaws may have been addressed. It definitely doesn't apply to Windows Mobile though.

More info
    https://4sysops.com/archives/is-micr...roid-insecure/
    03-14-2016 11:06 AM