Why does my music stop playing?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Music stops playings

I am using a Lumia 950 and have recently started having a lot of problems with various music apps. Pandora randomly stops playing in between songs. When one of them ends, the next one just wont play. I can skip to the song after that (which counts as a skip), but thats about it.

I have also noticed that Ads often fail to play. Not that I mind missing out on an add, but it will just freeze. I cant skip the add, so i have to change stations, and then go back to the one i was listening to. Its a pain in the butt.

Even the Groove app has problems. It takes a while for a song to start once i select it. Sometimes it wont play at all until i restart my phone. I am not given any reason why this happens, it just does.

I dont use any other apps for music, but it seems like the two most popular on WP have problems. Has anyone experienced these issues? Any solutions?

Thanks

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Music stops playings

This happens to me on occasion with Groove. All of a sudden a track just won't play. It could happen 2-3 songs in, or after 30 songs. Need to skip to next song to solve. It actually happens to me on the Groove app on XboxOne as well, though when it happens on the XboxOne it tends to crash the app.

Haven't noticed it happen on the PC though.

fand0r1982

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the same issue recently (Windows Mobile 10 Build 10586.164). I'm using the PLEX app to play music and as described above, after 1-3 songs it stops playing in between songs when the phone is locked. Manually skiping back/forward and/or unplugging the headphone helps restarting the music, but it's extremely annoying.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Man Windows 10 Mobile is buggy. Between that and the constant "Sim settings have changed, reset your phone" messages that I am getting, i just want to go back to 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa