My 1520 attempted to download the latest Win10 OS for fast ring. Seemed to download fine, offered me the standard restart process. Phone restarted, turning sprockets appeared for about 5 second then all I get is :-( on the screen and the phone shuts down.

The phone has nothing on it at all except the OS, so am willing to try anything to get it back in working order.

Any ideas anyone?

Mart
    03-15-2016 11:34 AM
    My 1520 attempted to download the latest Win10 OS for fast ring. Seemed to download fine, offered me the standard restart process. Phone restarted, turning sprockets appeared for about 5 second then all I get is :-( on the screen and the phone shuts down.

The phone has nothing on it at all except the OS, so am willing to try anything to get it back in working order.

Any ideas anyone?

Mart
    Plug wall charger and first try a soft reset: hold vol down + power 15 sec then release. You'll feel a vibro.
    Otherwise try the hard reset key sequence.

Turn off Phone, press vol down and togheter plug charger and wait exclamation mark
    then presse in sequence: vol up, vol down, power, vol down
    03-15-2016 11:41 AM
    Soft reset gives same error.
    Hard reset - I don't get ! after vol down and plugging power in, I only get Nokia logo and vibro power on power off in a repeated loop.

Mart
    03-15-2016 12:21 PM
    Soft reset gives same error.
    Hard reset - I don't get ! after vol down and plugging power in, I only get Nokia logo and vibro power on power off in a repeated loop.

Mart
    You have first turn off phone, then when holding vol down, plug charger. Hold vol till ! appears. If Nokia appears it means you left holding vol key .

If you prefer turn back to 8, download Windows Device Recovery Tool
    03-15-2016 12:29 PM
    Thanks for your help! Will give it a try and WRT as last resort.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    03-15-2016 12:49 PM
    Have tried without success to hard reset. Followed video on Youtube, and my phone just loops with Nokia logo, vibro, wheels and then :-(
    Then tried WRT. WRT can't connect to the phone because of the same looping issue. Just says Error - can't find phone.
    Is there no way to just blank the phone?

Mart
    03-15-2016 01:37 PM
    Have tried without success to hard reset. Followed video on Youtube, and my phone just loops with Nokia logo, vibro, wheels and then :-(
    Then tried WRT. WRT can't connect to the phone because of the same looping issue. Just says Error - can't find phone.
    Is there no way to just blank the phone?

Mart
    Search with google Nokia Care Suite

I have seen only once before, and on a low end phone... there was server or wifi iussue corrupting files

EDIT: di you select "I cant find phone" ?

EDIT2: some build ago, lumias gone looping when charging. Maybe try restart lumia without charger and only on spinning gearsplug it
    03-15-2016 01:42 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "I can't find phone".

Mart
    03-15-2016 01:48 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "I can't find phone".

Mart
    Thats a selection on WDRT something like I cant phone or No phone detected , I cant remember, most in forum used that
    03-15-2016 01:57 PM