Which apps do you wish were on WM and what if any alternatives so you use?

Ray Robertson

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not "Officially" gone yet but losing the HERE Maps app which has been a stable to the OS for so long and an app I use quite often is a real downer. In "MY" opinion the term "Smart Phone" means your phone is able to more thus allowing you to do more and without the proper app ecosystem it kind of makes your phone "Dumb" in today's day and age. I'm very comfortable and content with my Windows Phone (HTC M8 Windows Phone 8.1), but I'm not content with the lack of apps. It SUCKS!!!!!!

I get it that people don't use every app and that makes sense, because we all use our phones differently and have different needs. I'd bet money that this is the case on iOS and Android as well, but the "CHOICE" exists on those platforms. When we got the CHASE app I was excited and used it often...Gone! I use HERE maps very often, but don't see a long term future there anymore. I enjoyed Waze and being that the app hasn't been updated since 2/25/2014 it might as well be gone. LinkedIn 12/16/2013. Instagram 9/2/2015 and that was waste. Spider-man Unlimited 10/12/2015 development stopped no new boards. I can go on and on.

There are bright spots like 6Tag, MetroTube and others, but not first party. So which apps do you wish we had and for those that we don't have what are you using to fill the void?

Wish List:
Fiverr app
A few bank apps
Pinterest
A working Instagram
A proper LinkedIn app
Next door app
NBA app

Alternatives'
6Tag for Instagram
Metrotube for YouTube

I get that my likes and wants won't apply to all, but once again it's all personal preference and choice. What on YOUR list?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

I went with 10, because 8.1 is no longer where this battle will be fought. Just sayin'.

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I have used for years "eWallet" on various platforms.

The produce, Windows, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android versions, and a totally and utterly pathetic attempt at a totally non standard incompatible Windows Phone version.

I have asked them, as they have been around for MANY years and support all other platforms, can they not consider a "proper version" for windows 10 mobile now?

Their reply:

"Unfortunately, we don't have short term plans for a Windows Phone version of eWallet, but it is on our list of possible new platforms."

(New Platforms) ;)

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree there was a few things that just made us standout, and everyone always wanted me to use my phone for NAV because it got lost the least out of my friends Droid and Iphones - now... we shall see. Although the bing maps aren't all that bad, I feel they are just a bit slower.

Other apps I would like:

Chase Banking
Lyft (I use UBER but still would be nice)
Snapchat
Mint (used to be there but gone now too)

Is there any alternative bill pay or bank like apps like Mint/Pageonce which are both now gone - otherwise I have a old iphone I use to snapchat with my friends, but its such a social frenzy app too bad the CEO is a ****.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I'd like an updated Waze, but when Google bought them, they announced no more updates. Microsoft Maps will probably suffice.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans