New Windows Phone that can use CDMA?

Levi Sands

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
New Windows Phone that can use CDMA

Hey all I'm moving to another state and I really don't want to give up cheap cell service (I pay about $15 each for me and my wife) and I don't want to give up Windows 10 Mobile. The problem is that none of the cheap services that are GSM in the area I'm moving to. There are however an abundance of services that run on Sprint's network where I'm moving but I don't think any of the new windows phones can run CDMA.

I just wanted to get verification that no newer Windows Phones that support CDMA. I'm pretty sure that the SOCs are what contain the radios and that they are just deactivated. My next question is if anyone knows a way to activate those or if there is any hope of Microsoft activating those radios someday.

Thanks all.

ldsands

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello again and thanks for the reply I just found out that the Lumia 735 is sold on Verizon does that mean it can possibly be activated on a MVNO sprint network?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello again and thanks for the reply I just found out that the Lumia 735 is sold on Verizon does that mean it can possibly be activated on a MVNO sprint network?
No. Sprint will not activate any device that is not listed in its database as being branded to its network.

Levi Sands

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
That's too bad. O well it looks like I may have to switch to android. I'll hold off as long as I can but there is no way i'm going to pay about $80 for me and my wife when I can get new phones and still pay less than $40.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon