03-25-2016 03:25 PM
754 1234 ...
tools
    Where did u see this article?
    03-17-2016 10:05 PM
    Where did u see this article?
    See the recent article "How to update your older windows phone ...." or something close to that.
    03-17-2016 10:11 PM
    They gave a couple heads up for those phones a while ago

They did retract the statement that every phone would get 10

Microsoft reneges on Windows 10 upgrades for all current Lumia phones | PCWorld

And originally they said the windows 8.0 phones had 36 month support cycles that time is just about up now it's old hard ware for the most part (920)it's had a good 3going on 4 years just get new phones it's been time for a upgrade
    I've thought for a long time that Microsoft knew they would be able to back up their "promise" with the Insider program. They actually did provide W10M to every W8/8.1 device. At they time they said they would, they may have been planning to officially roll it out to all devices. But W10M was still in early development, and the future was unknown. However, with Insider, they still fulfilled their promise.

Either way, most of the phones not getting the update are older. Most smartphones are probably replaced in 2 years or less. The number of these phones out there is relatively low. Even if they're updated, with their age they probably won't be running long anyway. It is the law of diminishing returns. Why go to a lot of extra work for devices that have a shorter remaining life cycle?

And as others have pointed out, this may not be the end of the story. The remainder of WP8/8.1 devices may be announced as getting the official W10M update yet. Who knows?
    Wam1q likes this.
    03-17-2016 10:43 PM
    If they knew ahead of time that x2x users wouldn't get Threshold, they should not have let us test all those builds, period. When you open a preview program to a bunch of people, those people would have a reasonable expectation of actually being able to USE the final product, IMO.
    Last edited by eehsun; 03-17-2016 at 11:29 PM.
    03-17-2016 10:57 PM
    Point being, there's no reason to wait on official if you want Windows 10, unless you're just afraid of the Windows Insider app for some reason.
    There's a reason. I was on L920 Insider and a few things does not work like Glance which won't even launch. The Camera app loses autofocus feature when video recording. These things require a firmware update.
    03-17-2016 10:58 PM
    I have had no real issues with my 920 but a lot of people were complaining. Perhaps their expectations were too high, who knows, but this is the result.
    I had Windows 10 Mobile for over three months. Since .29 version, the Glance never launched. The Camera app did not have autofocus when recording a video - I had to manually focus while recording. There were other performance issues. I hoped for a firmware update and then W10M.

The three year support promise was a lie. They tactically delayed the OS and deprived some devices of it. Support time should have been from October 2012 to October 2015. Performance excuse is not true. Given their history of "un-trustworthiness", I already suspected and they did what I feared.
    03-17-2016 11:13 PM
    I'm mad because of utterly false argumentation. If performance issues are reason for such short list of supported devices, first phone which should not be on this list is Lumia 950! From day one it didn't work well running windows 10. I really doubt that MS got positive feedback from 950 users.

My 950 runs like a champ! You are saying childish things because you're mad bruhhhh

Sent from mTalk
    Ygglens likes this.
    03-17-2016 11:24 PM
    My 1320 has been on builds .29, .107, .164 and i never faced any lag or any major issue using as a daily phone.
    03-17-2016 11:29 PM
    My two brothers and I have been Lumia 920 owners for a couple years. My dad and step-mom both use a 1020. My older brother only recently asked me about the possibility of getting Windows 10 on his phone because his fianc got him a Garmin Vivofit for Christmas, and the Garmin Connect app only runs on Windows 10, not WP8.1.

He started with build 10586.122 and upgraded to 10586.164 a few days later, but unfortunately, his Lumia 920 had terrible battery performance with Windows 10 Insider preview. I've been using a 640 XL on Windows 10 for 4 months, but I switched back to my Lumia 920 to see if I could duplicate the issues he was having, but mine ran just fine. After about a week of frustration, I got him a 640 and set it up on the Insider preview, and he is much happier with the performance of just the battery alone.

After resetting back to the official WP8.1 releases, I just sold both of these 920's on eBay this past weekend. My parents have no idea that they are missing out on a potential upgrade for their 1020's, and my younger brother won't care about making any changes to his phone until this one stops working and he's forced to get a new one. Out of four Lumia x20 devices in my family that were being used as daily drivers up until this week, I can honestly say that this decision by Microsoft has not left anyone in my family upset.

Three just simply don't know or care about Windows 10, and the other got a better phone experience and sold a 3 year old phone for more than he paid for its replacement.
    Last edited by poit57; 03-18-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Wam1q, TechFreak1 and n900 like this.
    03-17-2016 11:56 PM
    If they knew ahead of time that x2x users wouldn't get Threshold, they should not have let us test all those builds, period. When you open a preview program to a bunch of people, those people would have a reasonable expectation of actually being able to USE the final product, IMO.
    I don't know if they could have completely known exactly how well 10 Mobile would work with some of the lower end (512mb) devices.. but I do agree that msft should have left the door open to the no longer supposed devices; to continue to test out preview builds, even if the build roll-out were few and far between. I would have continued to provide feedback (or not, if they didn't want any from those devices).. but at least the OS would continue to be polished and perhaps run even better.

I've been with Insider since build . 107, and it has progressively gotten better. I guess msft just wants to focus on 'better' phone models, where the OS will perform better.. especially in future OS builds.

Just a bit sad though, that I provided as much useful feedback as possible.. and now I'll be stuck on an unfinished, unsupported operating system. "Thanks so much for all your help .. now get out". Lol.
    03-18-2016 12:03 AM
    03-18-2016 12:10 AM
    honestly i prefer WP8.1 than W10M, it works, looks, and feel much better on my L720. the one reason that makes me want W10M is the devs support. for example Windows Central app, the app is getting worse, time by time, but still they don't release the update
    03-18-2016 12:16 AM
    you look happy with that
    03-18-2016 12:19 AM
    Yeah. That performance excuse they are selling is really hard to believe.
    Those goons want us to dump our old phones and buy their new phones.. They want money.. :@
    03-18-2016 12:31 AM
    My 1320 has been on builds .29, .107, .164 and i never faced any lag or any major issue using as a daily phone.
    I have too many crash/freeze with W10 and Lumia 1320.
    And if it crash the only way is restart :(
    03-18-2016 12:49 AM
    My 720 runs fine with .164 only issues are freezing and 'loading' while opening sys apps.. Why cant they fix it and release
    03-18-2016 12:50 AM
    Disappointed. I was planning to keep my 920 going as long as it would run.

My next phone will probably be Android, but I can't say I'm happy with that decision either. Also, the decision has soured me on Microsoft as a guardian of an ecosystem. I'm a gamer - up to this point I was neutral on the whole UWP issue. Now I am far, far less inclined to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt, especially vis-a-vis someone like Steam, which has enormous goodwill. If UWP fails, it's because Microsoft has proved to be spectacularly bad at maintaining an ecosystem not just for their benefit, but for the benefit of users.
    Ben_NC, jeffchapik, Wam1q and 3 others like this.
    03-18-2016 12:51 AM
    All they need to fix is freezing issue and 'loading' which appera while opening sys apps.. I dont get it y they're leaving us like that.. Atleast give us official w10.. We dont want RS
    phoenix537512 likes this.
    03-18-2016 12:53 AM
    I'm mad because of utterly false argumentation. If performance issues are reason for such short list of supported devices, first phone which should not be on this list is Lumia 950! From day one it didn't work well running windows 10. I really doubt that MS got positive feedback from 950 users.

You're very opinionated and shouldn't speak of things the way you do. It makes you look like a ****. I love my 950 and don't miss my iPhone 6 at all. W10M is great. Bite your tongue good sir.

Sent from mTalk
    03-18-2016 12:58 AM
    Disappointed. I was planning to keep my 920 going as long as it would run.

My next phone will probably be Android, but I can't say I'm happy with that decision either. Also, the decision has soured me on Microsoft as a guardian of an ecosystem. I'm a gamer - up to this point I was neutral on the whole UWP issue. Now I am far, far less inclined to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt, especially vis-a-vis someone like Steam, which has enormous goodwill. If UWP fails, it's because Microsoft has proved to be spectacularly bad at maintaining an ecosystem not just for their benefit, but for the benefit of users.
    Wait.. MS had said phones will receive firmware before software.. N i guess all these phones didnt receive any fw updates.. So are they going to release w10 with fw in future to all the old devices?
    03-18-2016 01:01 AM
    I'll wait for a few weeks to see the official list of unsupported devices, then I can retire my L920. Lots of backflips in the news lately. Also, Microsoft hasn't denied that there would be a second wave of updates.
    03-18-2016 01:11 AM
    I want to start a petition on change.org. Can we do that so they will reconsider their decision to leave older older devices like x20 series?

Please tell me if this will help to get us noticed? Or any other way. Or someone can start petition on my behalf because I cannot write that good. And my English is poor.
    03-18-2016 01:18 AM
    So there still hope that they will include all the said model that was not included for the updates that was released yesterday or no more at all.....
    Wam1q likes this.
    03-18-2016 01:20 AM
    You're very opinionated and shouldn't speak of things the way you do. It makes you look like a ****. I love my 950 and don't miss my iPhone 6 at all. W10M is great. Bite your tongue good sir.

Sent from mTalk
    Well, my 925 runs win 10 same as 8.1. I'm just saying if they want to retire old phones they shouldnt lie us that they are doing it based on our feedback. It sound almost like they doing us a favor. I'm glad that you are happy with your phone but I know few guys that are not happy with performance and stabillity of theirs.
    Raylz and Mahmoud Hussein like this.
    03-18-2016 01:36 AM
    I'll wait for a few weeks to see the official list of unsupported devices, then I can retire my L920. Lots of backflips in the news lately. Also, Microsoft hasn't denied that there would be a second wave of updates.
    But theres no wer written that the list will include more devices in future.. Plus gabe has said that these phones will not get builds beyond 10586.*** and they just wanted to use us for feedback to run the OS better for the supported devices
    Wam1q likes this.
    03-18-2016 01:40 AM
754 1234 ...