05-17-2016 08:06 AM
90 1234
tools
    Same as u guys ... I have a Lumia 640 att branded but unlocked being used on my T-Mobile account... I'm not sure who I'm getting The update from T-Mobile. Or att...
    03-24-2016 04:15 AM
    I have an unbranded Lumia 640 and the Update Advisor only gave me a firmware update and now when I run it says working with carrier blah blah. Did anyone else get this firmware update?
    Attachment 124174
    I did on the Argentina country variant ROM running on my AT&T unlocked Lumia 640. After the update I downloaded the upgrade advisor app and downloaded 107 followed by 164.
    03-24-2016 04:34 AM
    Same as u guys ... I have a Lumia 640 att branded but unlocked being used on my T-Mobile account... I'm not sure who I'm getting The update from T-Mobile. Or att...
    If it's AT&T Branded, then you'll get the update from AT&T. It's their firmware, and they have to give Microsoft permission for OS updates, at least until Windows 10 Mobile is on there. Then you can do it without their interference.

Unlocked only means you can use it on any carrier. However, you would have to "de-brand" it in order to get updates directly from Microsoft before getting Windows 10.

I would recommend that you install the Windows Insider app and upgrade to 10 that way. Then open the Insider app again and switch it to "Production Ring" which will remove you from getting future insider updates. You will from that point forward get normal Windows 10 Mobile updates, just as if you'd gotten the official update.
    03-24-2016 11:15 AM
    Update to 14291 now working!
    I have a dual SIM 640 XL that unlocked on cricket that is finally receiving this update. Does not matter much though, I got fed up with waiting and got an iphone6 plus. I miss windows phone but not Microsoft.
    03-24-2016 12:51 PM
    If it's AT&T Branded, then you'll get the update from AT&T. It's their firmware, and they have to give Microsoft permission for OS updates, at least until Windows 10 Mobile is on there. Then you can do it without their interference.

Unlocked only means you can use it on any carrier. However, you would have to "de-brand" it in order to get updates directly from Microsoft before getting Windows 10.

I would recommend that you install the Windows Insider app and upgrade to 10 that way. Then open the Insider app again and switch it to "Production Ring" which will remove you from getting future insider updates. You will from that point forward get normal Windows 10 Mobile updates, just as if you'd gotten the official update.
    is there a way to remove the att firmware? Like if I upgrade then Revert back to win 8.1?
    03-24-2016 03:11 PM
    Originally posted by Bunnikins
    Wow. So far I have been described as having a self-importance complex and dumb. I should point out that I am neither.

I do not believe that MS is 'singling out people'. I do not believe that MS is 'intentionally holding back an update for no reason other than to screw you or anyone'.

I believe that MS is attempting to phase a roll-out. I base this on the fact that several of us with unlocked, unbranded, direct purchased, carrier-agnostic phones are not receiving the update.

I am unsure what the situation is in the US, or indeed whether you are from the US, but stated simply, within the EU we are able to purchase phones that are direct from manufacturer and are built to work on any EU carrier simply by adding/changing a SIM card for the carrier of your choice. In the case of Android (and IOS), when the manufacturer releases an OS or firmware update for such unbranded phone, that update comes direct from manufacturer when the manufacturer chooses to make it available, and is available regardless of carrier (or even if you don't put a sim in and update via wifi). This is fundamentally different from carrier-branded phones where the carrier controls the update process.

My Lumia 640 was bought from Currys Digital and is not tied to a carrier. But I was still unable to update. This is fine, I am happy to wait. Actually, I wasn't and went the insider --> production route, but that's by the by. The fact of the matter is that this is an unbranded, factory unlocked, carrier-agnostic straight from manufacturer EU Lumia 640. If it were an Android or an iPhone the update would in the EU have been available when the manufacturer chose to make the update available.

So either a) MS has some kind of weird relationship with EU carriers that requires it to seek permission to provide unbranded phones with updates that other manufacturers don't have or b) MS is holding back updates. Not to **** me or other affected people off, not to screw us, I'm prepared to accept there's a good reason for it, but it is not, in the case of unbranded EU Lumias, anything to do with requiring carrier approval.

You are welcome to accept that or not as the case may be, but it would be best to refrain from resorting to unjustified insults.
    03-25-2016 10:21 AM
    Completely agree with you, must be a phased roll out.

I have L640 CV, direct from Microsoft UK. I have a Tesco SIM only contract. Phone is completely unlocked.

Will just have to wait and see when W10M finally arrives.

Originally posted by Bunnikins
    Wow. So far I have been described as having a self-importance complex and dumb. I should point out that I am neither.

I do not believe that MS is 'singling out people'. I do not believe that MS is 'intentionally holding back an update for no reason other than to screw you or anyone'.

I believe that MS is attempting to phase a roll-out. I base this on the fact that several of us with unlocked, unbranded, direct purchased, carrier-agnostic phones are not receiving the update.

I am unsure what the situation is in the US, or indeed whether you are from the US, but stated simply, within the EU we are able to purchase phones that are direct from manufacturer and are built to work on any EU carrier simply by adding/changing a SIM card for the carrier of your choice. In the case of Android (and IOS), when the manufacturer releases an OS or firmware update for such unbranded phone, that update comes direct from manufacturer when the manufacturer chooses to make it available, and is available regardless of carrier (or even if you don't put a sim in and update via wifi). This is fundamentally different from carrier-branded phones where the carrier controls the update process.

My Lumia 640 was bought from Currys Digital and is not tied to a carrier. But I was still unable to update. This is fine, I am happy to wait. Actually, I wasn't and went the insider --> production route, but that's by the by. The fact of the matter is that this is an unbranded, factory unlocked, carrier-agnostic straight from manufacturer EU Lumia 640. If it were an Android or an iPhone the update would in the EU have been available when the manufacturer chose to make the update available.

So either a) MS has some kind of weird relationship with EU carriers that requires it to seek permission to provide unbranded phones with updates that other manufacturers don't have or b) MS is holding back updates. Not to **** me or other affected people off, not to screw us, I'm prepared to accept there's a good reason for it, but it is not, in the case of unbranded EU Lumias, anything to do with requiring carrier approval.

You are welcome to accept that or not as the case may be, but it would be best to refrain from resorting to unjustified insults.
    03-25-2016 10:25 AM
    Are any of you using the windows insider app? If not, download it and register in the slow rig. After the reboot of your devices, check for updates and it should be available.

Posted via Windows Central app for Windows 10!
    Proudly rocking my Lumia 1520!
    03-25-2016 11:18 AM
    Nothing to do with Microsoft. Talk to your carrier or join the insider program.

03-25-2016 11:19 AM
    Problem is, is that you mobile operators her these build long before Microsoft releases them through the insider app. Your operators are just putting all of their focus and energy into keeping the iPhone and Android(galaxy) as the center of a attention. I can't wait for something to come along and rain on their parades! Every good thing comes to an end eventually.

03-25-2016 11:25 AM
    And you believe them.... They get these builds from Microsoft to test prior to the insiders. Have your ever heard of RTM? Manufactures and carriers get these to test on the devices to ensure there's no issues with the builds.

03-25-2016 11:32 AM
    Why wait, insider preview has worked wonderful for me and my phones without being punted down by carriers not releasing updates. Also why are carries offerings buy one ugly Galaxy S7
    and get another one free instead of the Lumia 950 or Alcatel fierce XL, etc. If they really drafted to increase interest in anything other than the iPhone or Galaxies then they would. This in itself should show you where there interests are.

03-25-2016 11:42 AM
    Well I have installed upgrade advisor for xolo win q1000 after that it says good news this device is eligible for windows 10 but iam not getting update both preview and advisors so when I get notification.
    03-25-2016 11:59 AM
    Blu 510u and xolo win q1000 firmware are same or different.when iam connecting device recovery tools on that blu 510u connecting my device.so can I upgrade win10 fm throughout that.
    03-25-2016 12:03 PM
    We want form for xolo win q1000
    03-25-2016 12:04 PM
    Iam requesting Microsoft plz add more device and OEM globel device partner to get upgrade as possible most of people disappointed for not getting update.
    03-25-2016 12:06 PM
    Well I have installed upgrade advisor for xolo win q1000 after that it says good news this device is eligible for windows 10 but iam not getting update both preview and advisors so when I get notification.
    Check with Xolo if they are pushing the update.
    03-25-2016 12:49 PM
    Why wait, insider preview has worked wonderful for me and my phones without being punted down by carriers not releasing updates. Also why are carries offerings buy one ugly Galaxy S7
    and get another one free instead of the Lumia 950 or Alcatel fierce XL, etc. If they really drafted to increase interest in anything other than the iPhone or Galaxies then they would. This in itself should show you where there interests are.

ugly s7? the s7's got great reviews, great camera and looks great. too bad the don't have s7 with windows 10. you must have the stockholm syndrome, being a captor of ms for years.

03-25-2016 06:13 PM
    hi well after doing so can i get windows insider on slow ring for xolo win q1000.
    03-25-2016 11:25 PM
    hi well after doing so can i get windows insider on slow ring for xolo win q1000.
    Try for yourself, install Windows Insider and see if you get an update prompt. Since the XOLO Q1000 is not on the official Insider update list I highly doubt you'll even see the update.
    03-26-2016 11:10 AM
    Once again to people still saying it's the operator delaying it, many of us have factory fresh unbranded, unlocked SIM free devices from Microsoft and the operator has absolutely nothing to do with the software or even firmware for our devices. We didn't buy them from the operator, we bought direct or via third party suppliers providing unbranded official retail mobiles.

I realise the situation is a bit different here in Europe compared to some regions where you mainly only see operator branded phones. We've realised subsidised phones aren't such good value and are a lock in, so there's a lot of unbranded retail phones about at reasonable prices.

Anyway, add me to the list. UK supplied 640, RM-1072_1033. All I get is the message saying working with the operator. There's nothing to work with, it's non operator phone, no operator involved. Just release the standard software!

(ps I suspect the issue may be related to the former Nokia Mobile team if they are using them for software distribution, as having worked with Nokia I know how illogical the release schedule is and individual variants of the same phone, even unbranded can go months not seeing the release pushed).

As for the Insider Preview slow ring option, will that give us something newer than the public released version? While that's in theory better, I don't want this phone on a preview version full of even more bugs than the public. Setting it to production, does that roll it back to public version?
    mjyumping likes this.
    03-27-2016 07:50 AM
    @tj_moore i get the same error on mine. I went back to insider mode.

Slow Ring or even Production ring will give you the Update to 10586.107 and then another update to 10586.164 no issues however did you people with the Lumia 640 RM1072 059x133 CV GBIE get a firmware update. As thats the only update i have had before going back into the insiders and the Upgrade Adviser was still giving the same error after. Even WDRT images haven't been updated. I have even gone as far as tweeting Lumia help (Not much help) and Gabe Aul to see if they can sort the issue quickly however i very much doubt that anything will be done.

So for now if i have a Windows Insider build issue which requires doing a WDRT reinstall it means i have to go Windows 8.1 Mobile, roll into the insiders fast ring, Download Windows 10 Mobile via OTA that way to then download another Windows 10 Redstone OTA which is a right ball ache.

I have placed the Windows 10 Mobile OTA for CV phones on the Feedback app as well which is under the title "Lumia Unbranded Phones Windows 10 Mobile OTA" Upvote the hell out of it please. You'll need to use the Feedback app on mobile though to get to it as i just tried finding it on the desktop version which doesn't find it.
    03-27-2016 09:00 AM
    I have an unbranded Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM (RM-1075_1009) with Mobile Operator 000-22 running OS 8.10.15148.160 and Firmware Denim 02177.00000.15184.36002. I got the following message from Upgrade Advisor, but I did not upgrade because it is my daily driver!

wp_ss_20160317_0005.pngwp_ss_20160317_0006.png
    03-27-2016 02:16 PM
    My situation is similar - my 730 was upgraded 4 days ago with no issues, but my friends 730 (BOTH UNLOCKED WITH NO TIES TO CARRIERS, thought I should capitalise it in case someone tries to tell me it's the carriers' fault) says it's working with her mobile operator (Btw, we are also have the same mobile operator) and we're trying to figure out why I got it and she didn't...
    03-27-2016 04:36 PM
    I have a 1520 on AT&T and am getting the "working with carriers" message. Any news/ideas as to when AT&T will release the upgrade?
    03-27-2016 11:53 PM
90 1234