win10 problems - 930

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello all

As most of us i also updated my phone yesterday to win10. I was skeptical about it but since a lot of comments said that it was stable enough running fine on most of users, along with friends of mine using preview i said lets do it. Haven't used it heavy yet, not even a phone call but at least looking around settings etc is very responsive without any problems. After upgrade ive noticed some of the apps have one color picture in list (weather / news/ groove / teamviewer) and also teamviewer is double with one of them being ghost (nothing happened) with 2 options pin + uninstall which doesnt work. I uninstalled the working one in case both disappeared but it was still there and reinstalling it didnt get it replaced. Also in camera, record seems not to be recording sound although in test mode all mics were recording fine. Ive read this problem on insiders but i though got fixed. Didnt have this problem with 8.1.

So i would like to have opinions/help if any solution available for these matters. Doesnt have to be specific 930 except for video recording unless this is affects other models also.

thanks

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After upgrade ive noticed some of the apps have one color picture in list (weather / news/ groove / teamviewer) and also teamviewer is double with one of them being ghost (nothing happened) with 2 options pin + uninstall which doesnt work. I uninstalled the working one in case both disappeared but it was still there and reinstalling it didnt get it replaced.
This sounds a little like the bug that happens when you reset the latest Fast Ring version. Which version did you install?

P4geD0wn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you upgrade all the way to .164? because it doesnt go directly to .164 . It first installs .107 which doesnt work as nearly as good as 164.

P4geD0wn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
i didn't have problems updating my 930 from 8.1 to 10 at all. But before i updated i deleted all big games and non essential apps from phone, i copied all the photos and documents to computer and deleted them on phone. After that the update was smooth and quick.
Try deleting all the non essential apps and games from phone. Delete all old backups. Create new backup. Hard reset. When system is clean. Manualy upgrade apps from store. i remember i had to do this way on my other wp L535. After 3 or 4 days it started to work ok. But i never had this problems on 930

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
ill probably do a hard reset when i have more time maybe in weekend but im even thinking to roll back to 8.1 if possible maybe for few more official builds but if the problem with video with no audio remains is very serious if not fixed

mighty haggis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
do not remove the lumia camera app from your app list just leave it there,also go to your video settings & set video to max resolution (4k),
i had no sound after removing the original lumia camera app because in its settings it has the setting for surround sound, so when i did a hard reset to get the app back i was able to switch on surround sound before the app was updated through the store.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
After upgrade I think it was removed...found it in store library and reinstalled it although doesn't work

Edit: Changed video settings nothing changed..ill check with hard reset

mighty haggis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
it might reappear after hard reset mine did,if not you can install lumia camera beta it has the same settings as lumia camera so you can switch surround on then you can test your video recording for sound again, i did'nt install back up after hard reset just incase lumia camera was'nt there, thought i'd just start clean after reset

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else has problem with microsoft health? Problem started from 8.1 update around 17/3 since was the last time it was working...after win10 still doesn't work motion data is on also health app is on and I even un/reinstall app ...yet counters are still 0

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
After hard reset seems to be smoother...icons fixed...health app works-seems to be working different than before location must be on- data usage has problem and also gadgets is nowhere to be found although is installed...audio seems to be fine on record

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99