Quiet Hours not working?

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded last night and got a text which woke me up in the middle of the night.

No worries - i figured that quiet hours just hadn't transferred across, and seems I was right

But going into Cortana -> Notebook -> Quiet Hours gives me the options, pressing on Automatic just does nothing (it does switch, but i think it's supposed to show something else with hours to set up etc)
When I leave and re-enter, it's back to off...

Anyone else had this, and anyone have any idea how to fix?

Thanks

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had Quiet Hours randomly not working on my 830 and 640. Most times it did, but sometimes it just wouldn't go quiet at the set time.
I went into the settings under Cortana and clicked the button that said (at that moment) "Every Day". That gave me a dropdown of the 7 days, all *unchecked*. I checked all 7 checkboxes, and now the button says "Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun". And Quiet Hours has worked 100% since then.

Try that and post back if it does the trick for you too.

Brad.

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Same issue. click the button to schedule when it should be on....nothing happens. try to edit breakthrough list, cortana crashes and it goes to the home screen.

Rick1967

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Same thing, since I'm not in a valid country for Cortana I couldn't access the "quiet hours" at all. It used to work in previous builds.

Since I had a huge battery draining and phone was quite hot I wiped out everything and reinstalled all apps/settings manually (bypassing backup).
Guess what, everything is working fine now and "Quiet hours" is accessible anytime ...

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I had Quiet Hours randomly not working on my 830 and 640. Most times it did, but sometimes it just wouldn't go quiet at the set time.
I went into the settings under Cortana and clicked the button that said (at that moment) "Every Day". That gave me a dropdown of the 7 days, all *unchecked*. I checked all 7 checkboxes, and now the button says "Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun". And Quiet Hours has worked 100% since then.

Try that and post back if it does the trick for you too.

Brad.

It works. Thanks!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded last night and got a text which woke me up in the middle of the night.

No worries - i figured that quiet hours just hadn't transferred across, and seems I was right

But going into Cortana -> Notebook -> Quiet Hours gives me the options, pressing on Automatic just does nothing (it does switch, but i think it's supposed to show something else with hours to set up etc)
When I leave and re-enter, it's back to off...

Anyone else had this, and anyone have any idea how to fix?

Thanks
Same issue on my side on a L950. Automatic mode simply did not work, or when it decided to work, on it's own, meaning I was able to set the time interval, it either did not step in or, in the morning it did not turn off, so the alarm was silent! This issue is not new, first I have encountered it on build .29 and those incompetents from MS were not able to fix it so far as I see...pathetic.

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Shouldn't have to hard reset so much to get features to work that used to work just fine. This is getting ridiculous

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The alarm should be independent of the Quiet Hours settings, my alarm goes off as normal everyday, despite Quiet Hours being scheduled to switch off 1 hour after this alarm.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't have to hard reset so much to get features to work that used to work just fine. This is getting ridiculous

Hard reset doesn't fix this. I've been submitting feedback on this for every Insider build for the last year or so and it's stupid they still haven't fixed this annoying bug. It's worse than not having the feature at all because it frustrates the hell out of users.

Check off individual days under the everyday button sounds like a workaround for now. I will give that a shot.

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
The latest 14295 seems to have this fixed. At least no need to manually check every day when the button shows Everyday.

R_0171

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
It's not working on my 930. I pull down the action centre thing from the top of the home screen. Then press the moon icon and it goes to Cortana. It says my quiet hours is disabled. Can't even search for term 'quiet hours' in the settings. Not very good. Can anyone advise? Thanks

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't even get an option to check off days individually. I click the button to turn automatic rules on and it appears to turn on but there's no options for days/times that show up. If I click the 'edit breakthrough rules' button, cortana crashes and brings me back to the home screen. When i go back, automatic rules is shown as 'off' again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not working on my 930. I pull down the action centre thing from the top of the home screen. Then press the moon icon and it goes to Cortana. It says my quiet hours is disabled. Can't even search for term 'quiet hours' in the settings. Not very good. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Quiet hours is INSIDE Cortana, NOT phone settings.
Go to Cortana, Notebook and check

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got the latest build on insider. Quiet hours working fully now, but of course there's plenty other NEW things wrong w/ this build....sigh

billw400

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue but stumbled across a solution today on my 635.

1 Turn off location services
2 Go into edge
3 Turn on location services
4 Go to Cortana
5 Access quiet hours via notebook
6 All the quiet hours settings were back

Hope that helps

trincowski

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem and I found a way to fix it as well.
(My Default Speech Language is English UK.)

1 - I set the Speech Default to English American
2 - Rebooted the Phone
3 - Configured Quiet Hours (The Hours Option was there again)
4 - Set the Speech Default back to English UK
5 - Rebooted the Phone
6 - All was OK again

Also, my Region is set to UK. If I change it to my real country, Cortana will disappear and with it, Quiet Hours will be gone, too. This doesn't make sense but I found no other way to get these options working. :devil:

R_0171

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem and I found a way to fix it as well.
(My Default Speech Language is English UK.)

1 - I set the Speech Default to English American
2 - Rebooted the Phone
3 - Configured Quiet Hours (The Hours Option was there again)
4 - Set the Speech Default back to English UK
5 - Rebooted the Phone
6 - All was OK again

Also, my Region is set to UK. If I change it to my real country, Cortana will disappear and with it, Quiet Hours will be gone, too. This doesn't make sense but I found no other way to get these options working. :devil:

Mine does not remember people in my inner circle. I keep adding people and ot forgets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss