Upgraded to W10M, how roll back to w8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuless

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I just downgrade my w10m official on my 1520 to 8.1 after the battery still drains a lot. My phone doesnt last long in w10m, compared to 8.1.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Why is anyone complaining as this is EXACLY what Apple do.

You upgrade to he latest version of iOS, but find that, perhaps it may slow your iPhone/iPad down a bit, or you don't like some new features.

You would like to roll back to the version of iOS you were running earlier, and Apple's answer to you?

Touch luck, you can't.

Personally I don't agree with it, and believe, by law, you should be able to roll back "1" revision of an OS etc, but right now you can't. Not with Apple anyway.
Apple's OS is not in a pathetic state as Win10mobile still is in...

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Updated. After 1 upgrade and 2 hard reset I am done with that shyt. Rolled back to 8.1, couldn't be happier even I loss all my media contents on the SD and I have to redo my home screen.

I was so pissed at the w10m exp that if I have a way to write to Satya I will.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Indeed this is false information.
They would never put out a software without the firmware on their servers.
Here is the proof. Rollback to 8.1 is still possible.
Things may change once the firmware is ready as they might replace with the Windows 10 ROM

View attachment 124026

Yet the 640 XL has an official Windows 10 Mobile release, just because it may not be available yet in your region doesn't make my statement any less correct.

If your device has an official, non preview, release of W10M then you cannot roll back to WP8.1, the firmware and the OS are not the same thing.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
OP specifically asked for a device which was in 8.1 and then got upgraded to W10M.

Some phones come with W10M out of the box. Those are the phones that won't be able to rollback to W8.1 (Because they don't have 8.1 ROM).

By saying that
If the official W10M build for your phone is out then no, you won't be able to roll back so the WDRT won't help.

You are clearly saying that the 8.1 devices which got the official (non-insider) W10M update won't be able to rollback.

The servers still don't have the full W10M ROM complete with the updated firmware for devices that were in W8.1.

Yet the 640 XL has an official Windows 10 Mobile release, just because it may not be available yet in your region doesn't make my statement any less correct.

Just so you know, my 640 XL is on W10M via upgrade advisor.

If your device has an official, non preview, release of W10M then you cannot roll back to WP8.1, the firmware and the OS are not the same thing.

My device was on non inisder / non preview release when I checked with WDRT.
And I am very well aware that firmware and OS are not the same thing.

8.1 is still available on servers on WDRT. Those who want to rollback can do it.
When the complete W10M ROM (OS+firmware) is out on the server, then you wont be able to roll back to 8.1
W10M is only an OS update now without the firmware part. That is why there is no W10M ROM on the server yet.
Whereas the 8.1 OS ROM is complete with firmware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb