The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-14-2016 08:07 PM
234 ... 56789 ...
tools
    What is time fuse?
    Sorry, Time Zone, mispelling
    03-28-2016 03:19 AM
    Lumia 930 (Aus unlocked) on .164 via upgrade
    Have now done 3 hard resets without restoring and finally once with the recovery tool to no avail....sigh.
    These are some of the issues I am having

Battery- Cant get more than 2 1/2 hours use from it, even loses battery while plugged into my SP3 while under lock screen
    Email- sync issues, cant sync manually, has to be hourly or longer or it continually syncs
    Speed- Resuming, lock screen lag etc.
    Apps crashing- have to reboot every time a app is installed or it wont open, apps crashing
    Video- no sound, camera is of average quality
    Language packs- (Australia) cant install therefore no Cortana ,managed to install on the 2nd reset but not again (don't open Cortana or the packs will not install )
    Edge- Crashes when using the key board
    Groove- Flickering on next song and app crashing

On the plus side it is keeping my pocket warm
    I am going back to 8.1 unless anyone knows how I can fix this.
    03-28-2016 03:43 AM
    Lumia 930 (Aus unlocked) on .164 via upgrade
    Have now done 3 hard resets without restoring and finally once with the recovery tool to no avail....sigh.
    These are some of the issues I am having

Battery- Cant get more than 2 1/2 hours use from it, even loses battery while plugged into my SP3 while under lock screen
    Email- sync issues, cant sync manually, has to be hourly or longer or it continually syncs
    Speed- Resuming, lock screen lag etc.
    Apps crashing- have to reboot every time a app is installed or it wont open, apps crashing
    Video- no sound, camera is of average quality
    Language packs- (Australia) cant install therefore no Cortana ,managed to install on the 2nd reset but not again (don't open Cortana or the packs will not install )
    Edge- Crashes when using the key board
    Groove- Flickering on next song and app crashing

On the plus side it is keeping my pocket warm
    I am going back to 8.1 unless anyone knows how I can fix this.
    Every phone some hours after an upgrade drains and heats a lot, in different way diue to a loto of core apps, cpu power, data amout to sync, wifi strenght, gps use for localizating data

After two days or less, most of forum users report a significative less drain and power use, till phone starts give its best.
    Making continuosly HR everyday is' compleyely useless, a big waste of time and data carrier, and ruins battery.
    03-28-2016 04:50 AM
    Yes they do use a lot of data/process at first, but this has been over 3 days of normal use on the last reset.
    Nothing has changed for me and I had none of these issues on 8.1 so I will be sticking with 8.1 for a while yet.
    Also 2 1/2 hours of battery life is just not realistic, the app crashes and inability to down load language packs are not going to change either from my experience as I have had the insider version on my 1020 for some time now, but the 1020 (also .164) has great battery life compared to my 930.
    Ok, I have found one issue that was causing a lot of the problem's, my pop3 email would not stop trying to sync even after a soft reset it would just start again.
    Deleted the account and so far so good,but have done another hard reset to install language packs (hooray) but still cant find a way to make the pop3 account work.

Last edited by Berner50; 03-28-2016 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Update
    03-28-2016 05:21 AM
    Phone locks up on the .lock screen Once you input password phone stays locked. Only solution is reboot
    03-28-2016 05:44 PM
    You should got it on the 25th of March in which i got it from Optus. Actually is working 90% ok. The other 10% still need improvement (Some icons look like a empty square, the apps cannot be closed using the arrow, sometimes the screen shows flashes, the screen is too bright even thought if you choose low resolution). There are more issues that i cant remember right now because im still getting familiar with the new interface.
    03-28-2016 08:10 PM
    my unlocked 1520 didn't get an update at all after the advisor gave the big tick and says check the update from settings. Anyone?
    03-28-2016 10:36 PM
    how does lumia 435 with windows mobile 10 work?
    03-28-2016 11:12 PM
    Hi All,
    I upgraded to win10 M on my lumia 830. The upgrade went through fine.. no major problems uptill now.
    However, I had the steps app set on my lock screen. I am not able to get is back again. Any help is appreciated.
    I checked in the settings->Lock Screen and have chosen the Health and fitness app. Still the Steps data is not getting reflected.
    The Health & Fitness up is discontinued by Microsoft, so look for replacement apps, like Health or Fitbit. Second issue, lock screen apps have to be Silverlight, but the new universal apps are not! So you need to find an older Silverlight-enabled lockscreen app. You'll see this issue with other apps such as Weather, that does not support lockscreen any more. Unfortunately I don't know if a lockscreen step counter exists!
    03-29-2016 07:15 AM
    Thanks for that. All a bit late for me, I'm afraid.

I managed to solve most of the above issues, but one remains - when I attempt to add my live.co.uk email account to the Outlook app, it tells me the email address is already in use and does not add it to the list of email accounts. Google and Oulook.com emails seem to work fine and are added to the list in outlook "manage accounts". My live.co.uk account is the one I use to log in to Microsoft, Windows, Office, etc. and exists on the list of email accounts in general settings. Outlook, however will not list it and I cannot use the address in Outlook to send or receive emails. I can only access this email account in the web browser. The live.co.uk does work in Outlook on my Win 10 desktop, however. It is very irritating and many people have complained about this same problem in the MS feedback forum.
    03-29-2016 08:42 AM
    Finally managed to reinstall Larousse Dictionnaire by finding the app in the browser, rather than the Store (it did not exist in the Store).

French speech files installed after a couple of reboots.

SD card now works fine after reformatting - I backed up all the data, using a PC.

Still cannot add my primary email address to the list in Outlook - so cannot send or receive emails on my phone - though email address works fine in Outlook on my Win 10 PC.
    03-29-2016 10:36 AM
    My phone-640xl was fine until 03/24 update. I don't know what the 03/24 update meant for. After that, almost all my apps not working properly. I can't open notifications through screenlock. When I unlock the screen, there's a half second delay. Also everytime, I have to enter wifi password, it says password not correct, but can still connecting the wifi.
    I dk if any microsoft developer would see this but the bugs are so annoying and I feel like smashing my phone.

apps still not working

Windows store
    Windows maps
    Weather
    Twitter
    WeChat
    Last edited by D HZ; 03-29-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    03-29-2016 12:05 PM
    My phone-640xl was fine until 03/24 update. I don't know what the 03/24 update meant for. After that, almost all my apps not working properly. I can't open notifications through screenlock. When I unlock the screen, there's a half second delay. Also everytime, I have to enter wifi password, it says password not correct, but can still connecting the wifi.
    I dk if any microsoft developer would see this but the bugs are so annoying and I feel like smashing my phone.

apps still not working

Windows store
    Windows maps
    Weather
    Twitter
    WeChat
    Go to settings -> info and check if you dowloaded the 14295.1001 automatically. Are you in fast ring? In 24 there's was that
    03-29-2016 12:33 PM
    Hello Everyone!

Had installed the official W10 Mobile on my Lumia 830.
    Below are the gaps I have found over W8.1

1) Missed the gestures and controls, as they are the part of my daily dealing with my phone.
    2) Sound volume of songs/Videos are very low, even on the headsets.
    3) Battery drain very fast, even the latest build .164 installed post hard reset.
    4) Contact images are smaller as compared with W8.1, as this looks not good.
    5) Windows Store sometimes hand and check for updates while updating the apps.
    6) Phone behave like oven if used by continuously 10-15 minutes in 3G/4G cellular connectivity.
    7) I analyze that cellular data is consuming much faster than W8.1, I don't know the reason.
    8) Other issues.
    03-30-2016 05:30 AM
    W10M on my 830:
    All the points above in the same way, and:

- no notification when mail arrives
    - photo issues:
    - some photos are not zoomable
    - enhanced photos HDR - no slider to change the light settings in HDR
    - enhanced photos maximum 2 photos taken in a row, than a message shows up like "saving..."
    - when taking a photo with enhanced settings and want to look at that photo right after taking it - it last 2 minutes for finishing up the final rendering
    - location must be switched on to get informations about the step counter
    - display sometimes is black for 1-2 seconds

The key feature for me was Navigation an the nice Camera on Lumia 830
    With W10M both ist now worse.

Switched back to 8.1 - and my next smartfone is android.
    03-30-2016 06:50 AM
    > - no notification when mail arrives

Just a short note: when you restore from backup after the upgrade or after a hard reset, many settings are not preserved.

So basically you have to go through everthing and check if it works as you expect. Not very professional for sure. Took me several hours of tinkering after a hard reset until things worked again as expected.

Good news: of course mail has notifications and most things work very well after a day or so.
    03-30-2016 08:12 AM

+1

Since .107, L950
    03-30-2016 11:21 AM
    Go to settings -> info and check if you dowloaded the 14295.1001 automatically. Are you in fast ring? In 24 there's was that
    Thanks for the response. I think I'm in slow ring. The OS shows 14295.1000, and no further update found.
    Now it seems Windows store crashes everytime and gives error code 0x803F7000. I can update some of the existing apps, but can't download anything.
    03-30-2016 02:31 PM

Just a short note: when you restore from backup after the upgrade or after a hard reset, many settings are not preserved.

So basically you have to go through everthing and check...
    I tried every setting - nothing works on that issue.
    The settings for sound, banner and vibration and the notification settings inside of outlook.
    That's strange anyway - why are there 2 possibilitys to set notifications? And none of them changes anything.

By the way - a little of topic - since WP7.5 i can't read sent mails older than a few weeks. Any other folder, inbox and folders made to sort my stuff are readable back for years. Only sent mails are syncronized their own way for a few weeks. Why?

And just remembered an other "issue":
    In W10M no native qr-code scanning as it was in 8.1

Seems a new MS strategy: Less function for more battery consumption
    Last edited by noperfectmobile; 03-31-2016 at 02:00 AM.
    03-31-2016 01:10 AM
    data usage/counter crashing and not counting correctly
    04-01-2016 02:25 AM
    data usage/counter crashing and not counting correctly
    use data counter when data is on - then it won't crash
    counter takes a while to update, exit counter and then go back in, it will have updated by then
    04-01-2016 08:18 AM
    For those having mail notifications problems, see this post : http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post3451965 .

That worked for me.
    04-01-2016 05:47 PM
    I have a RM-1075 Lumia 640 Dual Sim LTE carrier free. Here a couple of bugs I have :

- If I select SD card in offline maps settings, windows maps, here maps or whatever apps that uses those offline maps will not be able to load any maps rendering the app useless. Then, if I try to go back into the offline maps settings, I get an error and cannot access anything. Only soluton I found is to hard reset the phone and not change the offline maps settings.

- The Microsoft news and sports apps live tiles don't refresh often. It will refresh maybe every 3-4 days sometimes longer than that. I noticed that if I restart my phone, it will refresh one time.
    04-01-2016 05:57 PM
    I have a RM-1075 Lumia 640 Dual Sim LTE carrier free. Here a couple of bugs I have :

- If I select SD card in offline maps settings, windows maps, here maps or whatever apps that uses those offline maps will not be able to load any maps rendering the app useless. Then, if I try to go back into the offline maps settings, I get an error and cannot access anything. Only soluton I found is to hard reset the phone and not change the offline maps settings.
    I have 640 with no LTE but maps on the SD card work perfectly for me. I am no expert but I would try to reformat the card, delete all maps and re-download them to the SD card
    Last edited by Horvath Gyorgy1; 04-02-2016 at 02:55 AM.
    04-02-2016 02:12 AM
    I have problem with groove music.Without "album artist" its cant group my songs to the artist,even if the song has an artist.
    04-02-2016 06:19 AM
234 ... 56789 ...