WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsue06

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
everything good in lumia 930 just the battery life drain fast when ur on wifi and windows camera very bad quality to lumia camera in 8.1 ... it like u own 535 camera lol

David Hills2

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have had the battery problem on the 930, which was solved with a hard reset. However, I do have the problem with no audio when I do video. Have not found a solution. Would think that MS would address, but my expectations are fairly low.

vidyutt langer

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
First, which phone you are? Did it support Glance by farm? If yes, there's a Core App named Glance (core apps are a gear icon and are setted in Settings phone).
If you don't see any Glance app in you app catalog (check in Store, NOT in app list) then your phone never supported that, it's a HW feature

Hi Maurizio,
i am using lumia 830.. it was supported from beginning. I still see the option in the settings. However the data doesn't get reflected on the lock screen. May be they might fix it in the next update.

Berner50

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 930 (Aus unlocked) on .164 via upgrade
Have now done 3 hard resets without restoring and finally once with the recovery tool to no avail....sigh.
These are some of the issues I am having

Battery- Cant get more than 2 1/2 hours use from it, even loses battery while plugged into my SP3 while under lock screen
Email- sync issues, cant sync manually, has to be hourly or longer or it continually syncs
Speed- Resuming, lock screen lag etc.
Apps crashing- have to reboot every time a app is installed or it wont open, apps crashing
Video- no sound, camera is of average quality
Language packs- (Australia) cant install therefore no Cortana ,managed to install on the 2nd reset but not again (don't open Cortana or the packs will not install )
Edge- Crashes when using the key board
Groove- Flickering on next song and app crashing

On the plus side it is keeping my pocket warm :amaze:
I am going back to 8.1 unless anyone knows how I can fix this.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 (Aus unlocked) on .164 via upgrade
Have now done 3 hard resets without restoring and finally once with the recovery tool to no avail....sigh.
These are some of the issues I am having

Battery- Cant get more than 2 1/2 hours use from it, even loses battery while plugged into my SP3 while under lock screen
Email- sync issues, cant sync manually, has to be hourly or longer or it continually syncs
Speed- Resuming, lock screen lag etc.
Apps crashing- have to reboot every time a app is installed or it wont open, apps crashing
Video- no sound, camera is of average quality
Language packs- (Australia) cant install therefore no Cortana ,managed to install on the 2nd reset but not again (don't open Cortana or the packs will not install )
Edge- Crashes when using the key board
Groove- Flickering on next song and app crashing

On the plus side it is keeping my pocket warm :amaze:
I am going back to 8.1 unless anyone knows how I can fix this.

Every phone some hours after an upgrade drains and heats a lot, in different way diue to a loto of core apps, cpu power, data amout to sync, wifi strenght, gps use for localizating data

After two days or less, most of forum users report a significative less drain and power use, till phone starts give its best.
Making continuosly HR everyday is' compleyely useless, a big waste of time and data carrier, and ruins battery.

Berner50

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes they do use a lot of data/process at first, but this has been over 3 days of normal use on the last reset.
Nothing has changed for me and I had none of these issues on 8.1 so I will be sticking with 8.1 for a while yet.
Also 2 1/2 hours of battery life is just not realistic, the app crashes and inability to down load language packs are not going to change either from my experience as I have had the insider version on my 1020 for some time now, but the 1020 (also .164) has great battery life compared to my 930.
Ok, I have found one issue that was causing a lot of the problem's, my pop3 email would not stop trying to sync even after a soft reset it would just start again.
Deleted the account and so far so good,but have done another hard reset to install language packs (hooray) but still cant find a way to make the pop3 account work.

Last edited:

Locochat25

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You should got it on the 25th of March in which i got it from Optus. Actually is working 90% ok. The other 10% still need improvement (Some icons look like a empty square, the apps cannot be closed using the arrow, sometimes the screen shows flashes, the screen is too bright even thought if you choose low resolution). There are more issues that i cant remember right now because im still getting familiar with the new interface.

anton267

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
I upgraded to win10 M on my lumia 830. The upgrade went through fine.. no major problems uptill now.
However, I had the steps app set on my lock screen. I am not able to get is back again. Any help is appreciated.
I checked in the settings->Lock Screen and have chosen the Health and fitness app. Still the Steps data is not getting reflected.

The Health & Fitness up is discontinued by Microsoft, so look for replacement apps, like Health or Fitbit. Second issue, lock screen apps have to be Silverlight, but the new universal apps are not! So you need to find an older Silverlight-enabled lockscreen app. You'll see this issue with other apps such as Weather, that does not support lockscreen any more. Unfortunately I don't know if a lockscreen step counter exists!

Giles Stogdon

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that. All a bit late for me, I'm afraid.

I managed to solve most of the above issues, but one remains - when I attempt to add my live.co.uk email account to the Outlook app, it tells me the email address is already in use and does not add it to the list of email accounts. Google and Oulook.com emails seem to work fine and are added to the list in outlook "manage accounts". My live.co.uk account is the one I use to log in to Microsoft, Windows, Office, etc. and exists on the list of email accounts in general settings. Outlook, however will not list it and I cannot use the address in Outlook to send or receive emails. I can only access this email account in the web browser. The live.co.uk does work in Outlook on my Win 10 desktop, however. It is very irritating and many people have complained about this same problem in the MS feedback forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss