WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakmenon

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, starting a new thread to list down and find solutions to issues faced while upgrading to windows 10 mobile(Public release) from windows 8.1.
The following are the issues I faced:
1) The Microsoft account/outlook account were migrated from win8.1 to win10 but for some reason this was not reflecting in Outlook mail client, calendar, people and messages. Due to this none of my contacts and messages were synced. I had to do a hard reset to get this sorted out.
2) App list background is not darkened when I come out of an app opened from the app list.(Common issue seen in tech preview builds).
3) App icons missing in multi task view(Common issue seen in tech preview builds).

Don't have a solution for second and third issue, I think can be solved only with a new build.

Mobile: Lumia 640xl unlocked.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, starting a new thread to list down and find solutions to issues faced while upgrading to windows 10 mobile(Public release) from windows 8.1.
1) The Microsoft account/outlook account were migrated from win8.1 to win10 but for some reason this was not reflecting in Outlook mail client, calendar, people and messages. Due to this none of my contacts and messages were synced. I had to do a hard reset to get this sorted out.
2) App list background is not darkened when I come out of an app opened from the app list.(Common issue seen in tech preview builds).
3) App icons missing in multi task view(Common issue seen in tech preview builds).

Don't have a solution for second and third issue, I think can be solved only with a new build.

second and third issues will be resolved in the future, at present all W10M devices have these bugs

Sybull

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded my 930 yesterday morning. Wow...what a mess. After it had installed, my phone ran really hot and after 3 hours, the battery was drained. I put this down to it intsalling stuff etc. It then took 4-5 hours to recharge to 100% and was really hot to the touch. I then left it on the side for 2 hours and didn't touch it. The battery was then down to 40% and it was still hot. and hour and 20 minutes later, the battery had gone again. I went from loving my phone to loathing it in 12 hours !!

I then bit the bullet did a hard reset. Although this cleared down all my data (photos, music etc) it did fix the problem. I had to re-setup all my apps again but now it is working as normal. Luckily a backup had been done the day before so all my contact etc remained intact.

Back to loving my phone. It now runs as before battery wise and a bit faster. Loving groove music....a lot better.

The only annoyance I have come across is that when you tap on a tile for an app, it occasionally brings up the app list instead of firing up the app.

This is only day 2, so we shall see how it goes.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded my 930 yesterday morning. Wow...what a mess. This is only day 2, so we shall see how it goes.

What about audio? I've seen reports of videos no longer recording audio on the 930 with Win10 along with other issues, such as when on calls the other person cannot hear the caller.

Sybull

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Audio still very, very low. But was like that before with Windows 8.1. So no change there. I am able to use Cortana to dictate like I am with this message.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Audio still very, very low. But was like that before with Windows 8.1. So no change there. I am able to use Cortana to dictate like I am with this message.

Any other problems? I've seen so many horror stories of people running Win10 that I'm really undecided with whether to or not on my 930.

dsusa

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I have the Lumia 640 DS, and I'm not getting the win 10 update? What's the deal? I tried to update several times through the Uprage Advisor app, but nothing happens. Any clues?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

original.jpg

windows logo missing

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
games lagging _ farmville 2 lags horribly. twitter for windows 10 is a hit and miss. crashes anytime. live tile is broken.

windows central app for windows 10 is broken. unable to login crashes every time try to log in.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is still not rolling out Windows 10 Mobile in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea! Which sucks because Elop now works in Australia, he truly nailed it!

Kresimir Brcic

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have Lumia 640LTE WIN 10. On my lock screen I had weather. After I changed background to my picture cant choose weather app. Only thing that I can choose is My picture ,Bing, Instagram and Health an fitness - no weather app on list. Is this known issue?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
unlocked lumias might be getting the update in aus . locked devices are the mercy of the operator

I'm using unlock version and not in any networks mate

When you look at settings> Extras and info> tap the question mark> check availability of updates> select Australia. Clearly all of the devices are still on Denim. On other countries it appears as Windows.

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I had a flawless upgrade experience with my Lumia 830, to Windows 10 Mobile.

Steps I took:
1. Backed up contacts, just in case
2. Installed Upgrade Advisor and enabled and downloaded the first update.
3. Installed first update.
4. Hard rest the phone. (because its always good to start fresh, which is why I had a flawless upgrade I believe)
5. Downloaded and installed second update.
6. Updated all the apps and re-synced accounts.

Total time taken: 7+ hours :)

No issues so far. Everything has been working for 2 days smoothly. :)

Kyrbes

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to Win 10 mobile, after an hour of installing it changed my phone language to Italian (I bought it in Italy), but it won't change it to English! I tried adding the language and when I tap Restart Phone it just goes back to the Time and Language page. And every time I try it that happens!
I went to Phone Update and tried downloading 10.0.10586.164. It wont download
I can't even type. There is no keyboard!

Should I do a hard reset?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a flawless upgrade experience with my Lumia 830, to Windows 10 Mobile.

Steps I took:
1. Backed up contacts, just in case
2. Installed Upgrade Advisor and enabled and downloaded the first update.
3. Installed first update.
4. Hard rest the phone. (because its always good to start fresh, which is why I had a flawless upgrade I believe)
5. Downloaded and installed second update.
6. Updated all the apps and re-synced accounts.

Total time taken: 7+ hours :)

No issues so far. Everything has been working for 2 days smoothly. :)

When you share like this it makes a difference if it is a carrier phone or a factory unlocked phone.
Meaningless without that.

hwcheng

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Sikurunana. Are the app Restored from Backup the latest? I did not do a hard reset, and the Store App won't update all of the previously installed App to the latest version. I have to check one after the other!!! This is awkward and frustrating when I have over 100 app installed.

I did not do a hard reset, as I have an old phone number associated with my Whatsapp. A hard reset will mean I have to tell my all of my "friends" on the list to update my phone number in their contact list. This will cost me a lost of connection.

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi, Sikurunana. Are the app Restored from Backup the latest? I did not do a hard reset, and the Store App won't update all of the previously installed App to the latest version. I have to check one after the other!!! This is awkward and frustrating when I have over 100 app installed.

I did not do a hard reset, as I have an old phone number associated with my Whatsapp. A hard reset will mean I have to tell my all of my "friends" on the list to update my phone number in their contact list. This will cost me a lost of connection.

I don't know about which backup gets restored, because I didn't do any restoration of apps. This is why I did a hard reset, to avoid any problems. I understand why you don't want to hard rest. But having said that, I am not aware any other way around it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers