WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
hi.... I upgraded my Lumia 730 from Win 8.1 to Win10M. everything was fine. Cortana was also working fine. but after I did the hard reset, Cortana has stopped working. I'm unable to give voice command or text command.. if i try to add a remainder manually the app shuts down.

Any one else facing the issue? I'm thinking about getting back to Win 8.1 and then upgrade again but never doing the hard reset.

Any suggestions??

Why did you do a hard reset when everything was working fine?

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Constant wifi traffic from the system app drains battery quite fast. Last night i had about 1 GB of traffic. A hard reset and starting from scratch didn't change anything.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Constant wifi traffic from the system app drains battery quite fast. Last night i had about 1 GB of traffic. A hard reset and starting from scratch didn't change anything.

Check pending update apps in Store, disable video upload in OneDrive, how many time did you set your messages sync time?
Don't reset again, or phone will restart from zero syncing

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
3g data was nt working. nw 3g s working bt cortana s nt working

Shall i wait fr any update? i hear 586.200 is on the way..

or shall i go back to win 8.1 and then upgrade from that.

Assuming you have done updates and basic restart and it has not gotten fixed, you can (1)hard reset again, (2)revert to 8 or (3)go back to 8 then try to update to 10

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the volume of the phone appears lower, then it was in 8.1, works better with ear plugs. Tapping on the back arrow or tapping on the Windows Icon doesn't always respond, like it did
for Windows 8.1. I have a BLU WIN HD LTE, that I upgraded last Thursday, did a phone reset Saturday to fix a few things. Setting up Outlook calendar was a little time consuming,
I have 3 email accounts, and it appeared it wasn't accepting my outlook account, had to repeat the email and password several times
( that's what the reset fixed)

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Check pending update apps in Store, disable video upload in OneDrive, how many time did you set your messages sync time?
Don't reset again, or phone will restart from zero syncing

No app updates pending, uploads to Onedrive are all disabled and messages sync on use. Battery saver shows most draining apps are Messages + Skype and Preferences. Running out of ideas...

Agathiyan730

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Assuming you have done updates and basic restart and it has not gotten fixed, you can (1)hard reset again, (2)revert to 8 or (3)go back to 8 then try to update to 10

I'm from India and my cortana was working perfectly with the Region, Speech, Language set to English India in Windows 8.1.

Now, I changed the Region, Speech and Keyboard settings to US and English (US) and after the restart it is working fine.

I guess, I have to wait for the proper update for the Indian users.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm from India and my cortana was working perfectly with the Region, Speech, Language set to English India in Windows 8.1.

Now, I changed the Region, Speech and Keyboard settings to US and English (US) and after the restart it is working fine.

I guess, I have to wait for the proper update for the Indian users.

I'm from India as well, Cortana never worked in WP8 unless you changed the speech to one of the supported ones, changing English(India) to something like English(UK)

On my 640(W10) I have speech set on English(India),Keyboard on English & 2 local languages, Cortana is working properly

Why dont you try setting stuff back to India + restart, if it does not work hard reset might have not worked properly and you need to reset again

Karuppiah Senthil

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
there seem to be so many issues even after a hard reset. I will list them:
1. Live tiles on Lumia 930 with .164 don't refresh themselves. I mean Cortana tile when you resize it stops updating, you have to reset for it to work. WindowsCentral live tile the same, I got the the same articles for the past day.
2. Apps show up even though they are uninstalled. Can't launch them, you can click uninstall as many times as you like, nothing happens. The entry will just stay there without an icon.
3. Apps show up in app list as pending even though they are installed (Lumia Motion Data).
4. Keyboard prediction/touch is crap compared to 8.1
5. Cortana news feed is smaller than the width of the screen (what's with the black stripes on the side?)
6. page tabs in Edge are huge (wtf?)
7. Browsing in store is slow (not because of internet connection) , going back and forth in store is a pain
8. Lock screen is quite sluggish when entering pin code.
9. Camera is rubbish (poor audio recording - mono in FullHD and stereo in 4k with a very low audio bitrate 160kbps).
10. Launching an app from the start screen sometimes goes to the app list.
11. No logo on the start screen when the view is minimized by the back button.
12. Flickering/double fake swap in Groove Music Action Center.
13. Lastly, resolution on the Lumia 930 seems to not be really full HD, the screen is smaller. You can easily test that by having tiles on whole screen without the need to scroll, you will see that you can actually scroll just a little making sometimes the live tiles overlapping the connection/clock/notify bar.

Exactly. Mine is Lumia 730. I face all of the above problems. Especially, Groove flickering is annoying. Hope MS will fix it in update. Anyone else groove flickering in action center?

Agathiyan730

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm from India as well, Cortana never worked in WP8 unless you changed the speech to one of the supported ones, changing English(India) to something like English(UK)

On my 640(W10) I have speech set on English(India),Keyboard on English & 2 local languages, Cortana is working properly

Why dont you try setting stuff back to India + restart, if it does not work hard reset might have not worked properly and you need to reset again

I tried setting it back to India and cortana is not responding. Before this, I have already hard reset twice.

Can I roll back to Win 8.1, install all apps. make cortana work and then upgrade to Win 10? Do you think that will work out?

Or for time being, i will continue with the US Settings and wait for any update from Microsoft.

Share your thoughts.

Jonnie Svensson

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 dual sim 8.1 update 2 (denim). RM-1077_1011. 000-DE and there is no update available (yet)?
I tried to hard reset without Simcards in the slots bit no luck.
Any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 dual sim 8.1 update 2 (denim). RM-1077_1011. 000-DE and there is no update available (yet)?
I tried to hard reset without Simcards in the slots bit no luck.
Any ideas?

Better you enter in Insider and choose Release Preview, that's the same build. Maybe your OEM (I read DE) didn't opened the release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss