WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdan Balint

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
If it would only be flickering ..... I have a lumia 640 lte , my groove is flickering in action center, but today it stopped playing music after about 5 minutes while i was browsing the internet.
Further more the radio fm would stop automatically after 30 sec. from the point you access the Edge browser. That's really badddddd..
When i first received the update to .164 i was pleased to find out that the desktop site nba.com played smoothly videos from that page . Since yesterday morning it doesn't play those clips exactly like it was on 8.1 .
Hope they do something about these problems , otherwise it will be my last Lumia !

MayoVitalis

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to report a bug where I don't get message notifications. I missed alot of my messages, the phone doesn't vibrate and it doesn't play the default notification sound and the notification won't even appear in the actions center, it worked about 3 days after I updated and now suddenly it stoped working. And I noticed that the vibration is too weak for some notifications ex. Whatsapp, Messenger (Lumia 640 XL DS)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to report a bug where I don't get message notifications. I missed alot of my messages, the phone doesn't vibrate and it doesn't play the default notification sound and the notification won't even appear in the actions center, it worked about 3 days after I updated and now suddenly it stoped working. And I noticed that the vibration is too weak for some notifications ex. Whatsapp, Messenger (Lumia 640 XL DS)

Did you double check Notification Center? Change every sound from DEFAULT to another, then remove sign to "Privacy when locked" and leave on other options.

Then try a soft reset (vol down + power 15 secs)

Idleworks

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,

I was using W10M for months and yesterday I decided to reset my phone (lumia 930) to a clean state and start from zero all over.
Phone was successfully reset to clean W10M (like Gaube mentioned @ twitter). Windows Store downloaded some app updates (about 44) and windows update says that everything is up to date.

Now my problem: Phone is not recognized anymore via USB. I connect it to the same PC where it worked before.
Phone tells me "loading is slow, please use the original cable" but it worked before with the exact same cable :angry:

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
After update I had below problems.

1. Contact Support---->My Device ------> after a minute it shows error - An Error Occurred Please try your request later. CV:QaekYLR6rE2UI3uy.1.0
2.Deleted contacts from People but still the image on Live Tile does not go, even after soft reset and unpin and repin the tile.
3. Sometimes videos does not play in whatsapp and show error - Can't play.. we cant get to the file for this item. Make sure another app isnt using it, that you can access the place the file is stored. 0xc00d11d2(0x80070005).
4. Marathi Phonetic keyborad does not install after download completes, it shows (0x80070020) error.
5. Groove Music and News icon in the app list are plain filled squares without any image on it. -

Lumiahelp on twitter suggested Hard reset, only 5th problem resolved after hard reset

But still 5 app updates are stuck and show error "Error - See details" after pressing, it starts download but again fails.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I was using W10M for months and yesterday I decided to reset my phone (lumia 930) to a clean state and start from zero all over.
Phone was successfully reset to clean W10M (like Gaube mentioned @ twitter). Windows Store downloaded some app updates (about 44) and windows update says that everything is up to date.

Now my problem: Phone is not recognized anymore via USB. I connect it to the same PC where it worked before.
Phone tells me "loading is slow, please use the original cable" but it worked before with the exact same cable :angry:

When connected, go in Control panel, System Dvices, and remove every device you see named lumia and phone.
Then, unconnect, turn off phone, connect, wait till phone restart and check pc messages during usb connection.
Windows should reinstall usb and lumia drivers again for the new device

Idleworks

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
When connected, go in Control panel, System Dvices, and remove every device you see named lumia and phone.
Then, unconnect, turn off phone, connect, wait till phone restart and check pc messages during usb connection.
Windows should reinstall usb and lumia drivers again for the new device

Thanks for your answer.
When connecting the phone to the pc while turned off - phone starts and system devices shows "Lumia BootMgr" for a short time and then that device disappears.

Idleworks

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Peeewww alleluia... I'm sorry I cannot help you more... same pc, same cable, I can't ask for a different cable, it would be unuseful :/
I guess only way is an hard reset. An hard way

That's the point. I already did hard reset twice... no change. So I gues the only left option for me is go back to 8.1 and see if that helps

SPL69

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930, upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile from WP8.1.(no insider preview, carrier free phone)

My list of bugs:
- Vibrating has gone, it's on everywhere but doesn't vibrate at all
- Games are lagging
- "Physical" search button (bottom right) takes me to Google.com, not camera (scan QR codes) or translate
- No bluetooth speech AND audioplayer connection with my car (only speech)

Furthermore:
- New twitter app is crap (doesn't auto refresh / doesn't remember last tweets read / no white background)
- No LinkedIn contacts in People hub
- Most updates announced on Windows Central don't appear on my phone (not even after manual searching for updates)
- Whatsapp chat overview uses real small font. Increasing font only applies to inline messages
- Edge uses a new tab for every page I visit

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Does notification for messages works for Outlook accounts? I set different tones for my friends and colleagues. I set a tone for messages in Notifications settings and now i dont get personalised notification. I removed Notification tone set for messages and I get personalised ones for each person!!

Anyone else facing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss