WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles Stogdon

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Finally managed to reinstall Larousse Dictionnaire by finding the app in the browser, rather than the Store (it did not exist in the Store).

French speech files installed after a couple of reboots.

SD card now works fine after reformatting - I backed up all the data, using a PC.

Still cannot add my primary email address to the list in Outlook - so cannot send or receive emails on my phone - though email address works fine in Outlook on my Win 10 PC.

D HZ

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
My phone-640xl was fine until 03/24 update. I don't know what the 03/24 update meant for. After that, almost all my apps not working properly. I can't open notifications through screenlock. When I unlock the screen, there's a half second delay. Also everytime, I have to enter wifi password, it says password not correct, but can still connecting the wifi.
I dk if any microsoft developer would see this but the bugs are so annoying and I feel like smashing my phone.

apps still not working :unhappy:

Windows store
Windows maps
Weather
Twitter
WeChat

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My phone-640xl was fine until 03/24 update. I don't know what the 03/24 update meant for. After that, almost all my apps not working properly. I can't open notifications through screenlock. When I unlock the screen, there's a half second delay. Also everytime, I have to enter wifi password, it says password not correct, but can still connecting the wifi.
I dk if any microsoft developer would see this but the bugs are so annoying and I feel like smashing my phone.

apps still not working :unhappy:

Windows store
Windows maps
Weather
Twitter
WeChat

Go to settings -> info and check if you dowloaded the 14295.1001 automatically. Are you in fast ring? In 24 there's was that

crushgear

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

Had installed the official W10 Mobile on my Lumia 830.
Below are the gaps I have found over W8.1

1) Missed the gestures and controls, as they are the part of my daily dealing with my phone.
2) Sound volume of songs/Videos are very low, even on the headsets.
3) Battery drain very fast, even the latest build .164 installed post hard reset.
4) Contact images are smaller as compared with W8.1, as this looks not good.
5) Windows Store sometimes hand and check for updates while updating the apps.
6) Phone behave like oven if used by continuously 10-15 minutes in 3G/4G cellular connectivity.
7) I analyze that cellular data is consuming much faster than W8.1, I don't know the reason.
8) Other issues.

noperfectmobile

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
W10M on my 830:
All the points above in the same way, and:

- no notification when mail arrives
- photo issues:
- some photos are not zoomable
- enhanced photos HDR - no slider to change the light settings in HDR
- enhanced photos maximum 2 photos taken in a row, than a message shows up like "saving..."
- when taking a photo with enhanced settings and want to look at that photo right after taking it - it last 2 minutes for finishing up the final rendering
- location must be switched on to get informations about the step counter
- display sometimes is black for 1-2 seconds

The key feature for me was Navigation an the nice Camera on Lumia 830
With W10M both ist now worse.

Switched back to 8.1 - and my next smartfone is android. :eck:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
> - no notification when mail arrives

Just a short note: when you restore from backup after the upgrade or after a hard reset, many settings are not preserved.

So basically you have to go through everthing and check if it works as you expect. Not very professional for sure. Took me several hours of tinkering after a hard reset until things worked again as expected.

Good news: of course mail has notifications and most things work very well after a day or so.

D HZ

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings -> info and check if you dowloaded the 14295.1001 automatically. Are you in fast ring? In 24 there's was that

Thanks for the response. I think I'm in slow ring. The OS shows 14295.1000, and no further update found.
Now it seems Windows store crashes everytime and gives error code 0x803F7000. I can update some of the existing apps, but can't download anything.

noperfectmobile

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
> - no notification when mail arrives

Just a short note: when you restore from backup after the upgrade or after a hard reset, many settings are not preserved.

So basically you have to go through everthing and check...

I tried every setting - nothing works on that issue.
The settings for sound, banner and vibration and the notification settings inside of outlook.
That's strange anyway - why are there 2 possibilitys to set notifications? And none of them changes anything.

By the way - a little of topic - since WP7.5 i can't read sent mails older than a few weeks. Any other folder, inbox and folders made to sort my stuff are readable back for years. Only sent mails are syncronized their own way for a few weeks. Why?

And just remembered an other "issue":
In W10M no native qr-code scanning as it was in 8.1

Seems a new MS strategy: Less function for more battery consumption

Last edited:

mmc-dsm

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a RM-1075 Lumia 640 Dual Sim LTE carrier free. Here a couple of bugs I have :

- If I select SD card in offline maps settings, windows maps, here maps or whatever apps that uses those offline maps will not be able to load any maps rendering the app useless. Then, if I try to go back into the offline maps settings, I get an error and cannot access anything. Only soluton I found is to hard reset the phone and not change the offline maps settings.

- The Microsoft news and sports apps live tiles don't refresh often. It will refresh maybe every 3-4 days sometimes longer than that. I noticed that if I restart my phone, it will refresh one time.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a RM-1075 Lumia 640 Dual Sim LTE carrier free. Here a couple of bugs I have :

- If I select SD card in offline maps settings, windows maps, here maps or whatever apps that uses those offline maps will not be able to load any maps rendering the app useless. Then, if I try to go back into the offline maps settings, I get an error and cannot access anything. Only soluton I found is to hard reset the phone and not change the offline maps settings.
I have 640 with no LTE but maps on the SD card work perfectly for me. I am no expert but I would try to reformat the card, delete all maps and re-download them to the SD card

Last edited:

iyerthegr8

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Fb events do not sync as a result the people hub does not show any fb activities like it did on w8.1. Also twitter sync is no longer available. It was very helpful to not open the app every time when you had the events showing on hub. Apps crashes a lot. Takes too much time to restart the phone. Settings a bit confusing. W 8.1 had a good setting interface. Groove is pathetic. It does not change immediately to the next song.the songs title does a few jiggle before it moves on. Please bring more apps on the windows platform. Even though people are buying wphones they easily move to more better options. I love the windows phone as it is different from the usual android and apple crowd. Please add various apps and games which are up to the mark with the other os.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have problem with groove music.Without "album artist" its cant group my songs to the artist,even if the song has an artist.

I gave up on Groove: it destroys my properly tagged files. Instead, I use CorePlayer, which handles everything correctly.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to vent.. Lumia 950XL DS

Photos app. How freaking hard is it to make a background process that detects two new pictures that I took. How on earth does it take five seconds to "index" two pictures AFTER opening the app. Yes, WP10 is driving me nuts.

The store is such a mess. Progress indicator placeholders change length, the total download size changes while downloading, vertical text alignment changes (downloading vs installing), checking for updates takes forever, the tile of an updated app takes you nowhere, hitting 'search in apps' searches everything, tapping 'sort by most recent' highlights the words 'by relevance'. Who designs this stuff? Just a terrible lack of attention to detail.

Sharing pictures from the photos app to Outlook causes prolonged network activity while the Outlook splash screen gets stuck.

Closing all background apps and then hitting the back button opens a previously closed app. Huh?

Cortana no longer plays songs by Artist (bug when songs are stored on SD card). When you manually hit Shuffle All in Groove, the first time it gets stuck with the spinning progress dots on the screen.

Attaching a picture to a text results in a one or two second delay while the messaging app says 'attaching picture'. Why on earth do we need to see that, just do that stuff in the background and let us get on with sending the text.

There is no way to email pictures at a reduced size, causing huge emails to go out sloooowly. "Did you already receive the pictures? Oh wait it's still sending, hold on. Hold on... Is it sending? This is taking forever! Let me check the sent mail box. (this folder has not been updated...)"

There are so many things I like about WP10, but the never ending bugs and rough edges are really beginning to grate. Many of these are daily annoyances. I don't even care about the app gap, I just want the OS to function. I know I would hate iOS as well, but boy would it be nice to have things mostly work..

Grrrrrrrr (told you I was going to vent)

Yes I have added or upvoted these in the Feedback app, but clearly MS doesn't care enough to fix the little things in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The action center on 830 is not smoothly at all when I got some notifications! Is there a solution?

If no.. Is this happening on others devices too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos