WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Had to hard reset over the weekend, as this build wasn't installing. Now I have build .164.
Didn't restore any apps or messages through the cloud.

Now camara crashes after imediate opening. Apps like Instagram and Facebook also crash when trying to use cam function. Ideas?

after your hard reset, did you update the apps?

tripp 3p

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
some of bugs i have after 2 updates last days,

cant load recived pictures on viber?
cant take screenshot on phone,
cant rate apps in store,
+phone is rlly laggy,

-lumia 640ds

EDIT. forgot to write, soft restart is uselles guys, dont even bother to do it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
some of bugs i have after 2 updates last days,

cant load recived pictures on viber?
cant take screenshot on phone,
cant rate apps in store,
+phone is rlly laggy,

-lumia 640ds

EDIT. forgot to write, soft restart is uselles guys, dont even bother to do it.

infact I'll say to hard reset, the most of 640 users in forum are satisfied of 10

Savo83

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This sounds like an absolute disaster of an update. I've been waiting patiently but might not even bother updating and stick with my Z3.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I like W10 mobile overall on my Lumia 535DS,but there are a few problems I am facing -
(1) No voice dictation though enabled ,on pressing the mic it shows' try again'.
(2)Cortana shows interests.Also shows and reminds the reminders I set from my laptop,but I can not set reminders or alarms through Cortana on my mobile like I did in 8.1 .Cortana also crashes frequently.
(3)Camera shows error with error code at times and at that time apps using the camera like QR scanner + and Cam scanner also show error message.Needs soft reset to get them working.
Have done hard reset,but problems persist.Region India with all settings to India.
Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

Jackey Sharma

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi..
I have updated my lumia 640 xl dual sim to windows 10 and now many of the first party apps are unable to update which leaves them unable to use.
Error code: 0x80072F78
I tried resetting but still same error occurs

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi..
I have updated my lumia 640 xl dual sim to windows 10 and now many of the first party apps are unable to update which leaves them unable to use.
Error code: 0x80072F78
I tried resetting but still same error occurs

Got a SD card? Go in settings, Storage and move temporarly them to Device
Then retry updating

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to force groove music to retrieve artist pictures. It just pulled about 10 photos and then stopped. Also sometimes it shows album artist, sometimes artist photo in now playing. Am I doing something wrong.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to force groove music to retrieve artist pictures. It just pulled about 10 photos and then stopped. Also sometimes it shows album artist, sometimes artist photo in now playing. Am I doing something wrong.

Last Groove app update seems had broken pics, artist info and bluetooth info sharing, there's a lot of complains in forum

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that apps do not really run at the background once the phone is locked, like email, whatsapp, etc, am I the only one with that issue?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that apps do not really run at the background once the phone is locked, like email, whatsapp, etc, am I the only one with that issue?

You may not be the only one but the notifications do work for folks around here..including mine. Have you tried updating all the apps from the Store?

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
E-mail notification on the lock screen and sound notification of new e-mail have never worked on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 and, unfortunately, it has not been repaired with last night's update to version .218.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
E-mail notification on the lock screen and sound notification of new e-mail have never worked on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 and, unfortunately, it has not been repaired with last night's update to version .218.

There are several places where to activate sound settings for e-mail notifications. One where you'd expect it, under Sounds&Notifications. Another one in the Outlook app itself. Ellipsis...settings, notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb