WM10 release build (10584.164) issues and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You were right, after a hard reset e-mail notification now seems to be working. However, a major bug still remained: I cannot connect my Lumia 640 to Windows 7.

Did you deleted all lumia / nokia / phone related voices to Device List in Seven control panel? Do that with phone plugged.
Then reboot phone and let's see if chek new drivers via Update

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I did that several times and it cannot find drivers on line, in most cases it fails. In other cases it installs MTP USB Device driver but still does not work. And in very few cases, it installs MTP USB Device which "turns into" Lumia 640 and my phone is recognized. BUT the next time I plug it in, the same bug occurs, the phone is NOT recognized at all, with no drivers found for it etc.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I did that several times and it cannot find drivers on line, in most cases it fails. In other cases it installs MTP USB Device driver but still does not work. And in very few cases, it installs MTP USB Device which "turns into" Lumia 640 and my phone is recognized. BUT the next time I plug it in, the same bug occurs, the phone is NOT recognized at all, with no drivers found for it etc.

So I guess you already tried with another usb cable and another pc (Win8.1 or Win10)...
All 640 in forum are going on....

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

So I guess you already tried with another usb cable and another pc (Win8.1 or Win10)...
All 640 in forum are going on....
Another PC yes but not with another cable. As for the cable, it is OK as I also have a Lumia 535 which is immediately recognized by the PC

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Another PC yes but not with another cable. As for the cable, it is OK as I also have a Lumia 535 which is immediately recognized by the PC

Last resource I think, guessing a partial messed up firmware, is flashing original via Lumia Care Suite...... :(
But I don't like to ask that on a working phone. Only in case of bricking

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Last resource I think, guessing a partial messed up firmware, is flashing original via Lumia Care Suite...... :(
But I don't like to ask that on a working phone. Only in case of bricking

No, way, I rather try and try updating device driver until it clicks. For instance I just managed to get my phone recognized after 3 trials.

shan678

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
my L640 was running fine with build 10586.164, now it got a weird store bug or something. I'm unable to install new apps and can't update the existing apps, even the check for updates not working. i tried several soft resets. but problem not solved ? any idea ??

Also i got a phone update queued (.218), but downloading stuck at 0% (connected to highspeed wifi). i think it got to be some thing related to store and the phone update, both not working normal.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
my L640 was running fine with build 10586.164, now it got a weird store bug or something. I'm unable to install new apps and can't update the existing apps, even the check for updates not working. i tried several soft resets. but problem not solved ? any idea ??

Also i got a phone update queued (.218), but downloading stuck at 0% (connected to highspeed wifi). i think it got to be some thing related to store and the phone update, both not working normal.

Retry next few hours

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
E-mail notification on the lock screen and sound notification of new e-mail have never worked on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 and, unfortunately, it has not been repaired with last night's update to version .218.

After spending some time with the .218 version here are some observations:
Able to adjust font size in apps setting.
Can now get sound for email notification! (must choose sound in email settings!)
Uninstalling Lumia Moments stopped the Microsoft Photo Plugin from failing to updated in store. (It no longer tries to update)
No problems with contacts or calendar (never had any in version .164)
Battery usage has slowed down a bit (from 300% increase to 200%)
All my apps are now listed on the apps page (Asphalt 8 disappeared but could run from the start page)
Touch runs silky smooth.
I've had no crashes and I've have not done a hard reset (I see no reason at this point)
My 640 does get warmer with Asphalt 8. It never did before updating to W10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077