03-25-2016 01:42 PM
380 1234 ...
tools
    here is the elephant in the room : most of the devices carrying s4 chips are dual core whereas the new snapdragon 212 processors are quad core. i guess that explains it all. :)
    Did you read my post and google Lumia 430/435? They had dual core SoC

The fanboy defense not explain anything I'm question about
    rkrams and WesleyBPeres like this.
    03-21-2016 03:28 AM
    Lumia 520 user here. To be honest, I do not feel anything about what MS did. Maybe bec I'm just fed up with their broken promises. Lol. Thank God for the insider builds though. If not for these I may not have experienced W10M. (I still prefer 8.1 in terms of performance tho)
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:35 AM
    I have been using my 520 for three years already and I can definitely say that I made a good buy. Not all budget phones have this privilege of being updated to the latest software version. If MS wouldn't really release W10 officially for my phone, then so be it. There are insider builds, after all. And besides my phone is the lowest spec Lumia so this is somewhat expected from the beginning already.

(but i am thinking of going to ios or android after this. not because i MS broke his promise in giving w10 to 520, but bec i really need some quality apps in my life right now lol)
    rkrams likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:42 AM
    I used a 520 with last Release preview build till last week. I was pretty satisfied, but during intensive use I had more and more crashes (the last, I was talking to phone when copyin / pasting from Edge to Whatsapp a text...)
    I'm insider in 520 since september, I liked it very much, but 512 MB became a iussue...
    I was able to install and use WIn10 on a onl PentiumD desktop with 2 GB RAM, but too much slow for being usable... That's the same thing on a 512 MB Lumia
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:44 AM
    Did you read my post and google Lumia 430/435? They had dual core SoC

The fanboy defense not explain anything I'm question about
    sir i am speaking about the snapdragon 212 not 200s/430/35 please Google yourselves and learn more. :)
    03-21-2016 04:26 AM
    sir i am speaking about the snapdragon 212 not 200s/430/35 please Google yourselves and learn more. :)
    Since your caring point is totally different from mine, what's the purpose you quote my post for? Trolling?

What's the point bringing SD212 into the topic when MSFT are providing official w10m support to those even lower spec, dual-core SoC (lower than s4 plus) while claim some "performance issue" with old devices, and saying non-sense like "this explain all" ?
    03-21-2016 05:18 AM
    Since your caring point is totally different from mine, what's the purpose you quote my post for? Trolling?

What's the point bringing SD212 into the topic when MSFT are providing official w10m support to those even lower spec, dual-core SoC (lower than s4 plus) while claim some "performance issue" with old devices, and saying non-sense like "this explain all" ?
    My sincere apologies sir for taking the feed off topic and yes burn me in hell for quoting you. god bless you . ___/\___
    03-21-2016 05:44 AM
    U guys are killing me with the crying

The x2x phones are over 3 years old, they were only guaranteed 36 months support long before windows 10. U knew this years ago.

The m8 and the icon I believe has something to do with Verizon so maybe they got rid of the m8 because of the carriers holding up (especially Vzw and att) updates.

They had said a year ago some devices might not get the update, and they PLANNED on getting the update out. Stuff happens it's life. Insiders complained about those phones performance issues so they dropped the phones 90% of u guys it was time for a upgrade anyway

Either way it goes u guys can STILL put insider on your phones, and STILL use the same .164 everyone else is using and possibly up until Redstone Is released and still use the new apps.

Wtf are u complaining about u still have time to get a new phone while using windows 10

Sent from mTalk
    03-21-2016 05:53 AM
    If Microsoft would give Windows 10 mobile to users of phones with less than 1 GB, those same users would complain for bad performance of their phones. So, they would say that Windows 10 Mobile is sh*** version of Windows OS. They would never be satisfied with what they got, because they expect the impossible. Why do they complain, if their phones just can't follow Windows 10 Mobile needs?!

Microsoft have tried, gave them chance with Insider and through that same program figured out that it wouldn't work.

I will never get why are they so stubborn.
    03-21-2016 06:55 AM
    U guys are killing me with the crying

The x2x phones are over 3 years old, they were only guaranteed 36 months support long before windows 10. U knew this years ago.

The m8 and the icon I believe has something to do with Verizon so maybe they got rid of the m8 because of the carriers holding up (especially Vzw and att) updates.

They had said a year ago some devices might not get the update, and they PLANNED on getting the update out. Stuff happens it's life. Insiders complained about those phones performance issues so they dropped the phones 90% of u guys it was time for a upgrade anyway

Either way it goes u guys can STILL put insider on your phones, and STILL use the same .164 everyone else is using and possibly up until Redstone Is released and still use the new apps.

Wtf are u complaining about u still have time to get a new phone while using windows 10

Sent from mTalk
    This is pretty much what I would have written too. I have followed this and a few other threads and think we have hit a new record for whiney entitlement. Some of the language being used 'liars', 'cheaters' etc. Is just ridiculous. Things move on...deal with it. The rationale has been well laid out. W10 just doesn't work well on some devices for hardware reasons and others are just too problematic to update.
    03-21-2016 07:02 AM
    This is pretty much what I would have written too. I have followed this and a few other threads and think we have hit a new record for whiney entitlement. Some of the language being used 'liars', 'cheaters' etc. Is just ridiculous. Things move on...deal with it. The rationale has been well laid out. W10 just doesn't work well on some devices for hardware reasons and others are just too problematic to update.

Exactly even tho they have to upgrade which they knew they would have to anyway on 3 year old hardware or hardware on minimal ram they can still run 10 and experience the new apps and they are STILL complaining it's hilarious most android phones barely get 2 updates and these phones have been supported for 3 years

Sent from mTalk
    03-21-2016 07:06 AM
    Lol at all the people expecting perfection with the insider builds, leaving awful feedback, only to help ruin the chances of them getting the upgrade. Lots of back pedaling now. "But but but, it was fine on my x20, even though I complained about it nonstop before."

Signed, 822 owner

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    So true, but they'll never admit it.

rastkodotk likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:08 AM
    So true, but they'll never admit it.

Lol, that is not true, they asked better performance because MS promised W10 on all devices. I mean if you are enrolled in W10M development and you submit feedback from your phone don't you expect actions and improvements? What did they get? Rejection because MS launched botched 950 that were running hot and laggy. They had to focus only on 950, they even change the way things works, releasing builds only on phones that shipped with W10, because their new phones don't work as expected, not to mention the old ones.
    03-21-2016 08:40 AM
    OK so let's say the carriers are the reason the M8 is not getting the general upgrade, what would be the reasoning to drop it out of the insider program, it runs Windows 10 like a champ. I'm sorry, I love the OS, but tired of being lied to, first Onedrive and now this, at least Apple and Google are trust worthy.
    03-21-2016 11:11 AM
    OK so let's say the carriers are the reason the M8 is not getting the general upgrade, what would be the reasoning to drop it out of the insider program, it runs Windows 10 like a champ. I'm sorry, I love the OS, but tired of being lied to, first Onedrive and now this, at least Apple and Google are trust worthy.
    You are seriously deluded if you believe any big business is truly trust worthy. Thats not how business works my friend. Apple screw their loyal customers year after year (look at their margins) with overpriced hardware and a nailed down operating system and Google have long since dispensed with the "do no evil" ethos. I get that you are angry but keep it real please.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2016 11:39 AM
    I'm with you on this. I have an Icon, and to me, it's not about trustworthiness, but caring about the fact that you literally have NO ONE on your platform. The Insiders ARE Windows Phone users. You wouldn't even have Win 10 feedback WITHOUT people running on older hardware in the 1st place (which is ESPECIALLY the case for those running an M8 or Lumia Icon). Older hardware? I get it. Carriers and hardware vendors not playing ball? Been there, understood, expected it, moving on.....

But Microsoft THEMSELVES not even giving the OPTION to continue to get Insider builds and just be happy with where we are is literally shooting themselves in the foot and banking on the 5 ppl who have a Lumia 950. They HAVE no new users to continue to support, they only have existing users. Apple doesn't care, Google doesn't, Microsoft doesn't care, yes we get that they are businesses. But Microsoft isn't in the position to let us KNOW they don't care. They are literally EXPRESSING to users (who are well aware that Microsoft is a company and this is business) that they could care less about supporting them.

I get that we shouldn't "expect" anything in technology, but then don't start the program in the 1st place. As a business, your business relies on CUSTOMERS. You support us, we support you. That may look like purchasing new phones, providing feedback, continuing to use the platform, etc. Microsoft is now hoping we do one of those, if we are even in the position to do it in the 1st place and have hardware to continue TO support them. Personally, it's nothing to stress over because we make choices as consumers, it is just frustrating to say the least...
    03-21-2016 01:12 PM

Who knows Microsoft has changed their stance on things before they might enable those phones to either get updates or continue to run on insider. They are similarly specced to the 1520, no reason to be excluded unless it's got to do with ties to Verizon which I suspect

Even if they say they would release it officially for those phones and Verizon and tmobile doesn't release it but att does..then what? Alot of HTC owners are still screwed over. That's why i think they didn't release it

Sent from mTalk
    03-21-2016 02:16 PM
    I'm not even going to bother to read beyond the first post. Look guys, Microsoft NEVER explicitly promised to update all Windows phones to Windows 10 Mobile. They said their GOAL was to update all Windows phones, but this is what they get for telling us anything. Because they were cautiously optimistic long before they had any concrete answers about what would be possible, half the Windows world is yelling and whining because they think they were cheated. Microsoft did exactly what was expected of them and it's a whole lot better than a lot of other companies. They said they'd TRY to update as many phones as humanly possible, than let us all have VERY early access through the Windows Insider program, and carefully and meticulously evaluated the performance and reliability of every phone that joined the Insider program. After months of testing and developing it became clear that some Windows phones CANNOT run Windows 10 Mobile safely. So Microsoft, intent on providing the best experience possible, has to take all these hits because people don't understand that, sometimes, three year old phones can't run the latest software. Microsoft never made promises, they made optimistic hints that they would do their best, and they did. They sure did a lot better than anything but a Nexus device on Android, and Android Central even took note of that, if no one noticed that happened. You know what? Well done Microsoft. You're taking a hit for no reason, but well done. The update is going much smoother than most people expected, even if it's apparently just not good enough.
    You are incorrect sir. Microsoft answered explicitly "Yes" to whether specific phones would receive Windows 10 and have now gone back against their official statements. These were people wanting to buy Windows phones and being told yes they should buy them because they would get the Windows 10 upgrade. This happened on both twitter and on the internal blogs the internal blogs have since been deleted. There were also Windows 8.1 devices in store that were tagged upgradeable to Windows 10 that have now had those stickers removed and will not get the official upgrade.
    03-21-2016 06:59 PM
    Please people get over this cheated thing. How do you think MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of Android users feel every single time their phones are left out of the next version. I guess then, Samsung, HTC, LG, and all the other OEM's are cheating their user base as well? I have a 640 and W10 runs like a tortoise with only 1GB of Ram. I can't even imagine this on 512, funny. I can't wait for the killer spec'd phones with 3GB of ram. Then it will fly. But really, get over it, or put the blame where it should be, Nokia for making many of the devices not on the list. They could have easily built them with higher specs and it would be a non-issue, but they would have cost more. The ones that MS built were just leftover parts anyhow.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-21-2016 07:03 PM
    Drama land! Ahaha. I woke up today, the sun was shining, my old dog farted as usual, my ole Lumia fired right up, facebook was there and Cortana already had the news feed rollin'.
    I found a way. I found a way to survive on 8.1. You know, it wasn't that bad. Peace
    03-21-2016 07:12 PM
    What microsoft should do is release windows 10 mobile to all windows phone, let all the user decide whether it's good or bad. then give users the option to use the recovery tools to go back to 8.1 if windows 10 is no up to their expectation. i know i will try it.
    03-21-2016 07:53 PM
    What microsoft should do is release windows 10 mobile to all windows phone, let all the user decide whether it's good or bad. then give users the option to use the recovery tools to go back to 8.1 if windows 10 is no up to their expectation. i know i will try it.
    They did through feedback. This is what MS based their decisions on. I can proudly say that throughout the process I left plenty of feedback whether good or bad, did you?
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:16 PM
    They did through feedback. This is what MS based their decisions on. I can proudly say that throughout the process I left plenty of feedback whether good or bad, did you?
    what i mean is, to make the situation a little better. just release it to all windows phone. people that satisfied with their phone performance (good or bad) can stay with windows 10 and those who are not can go back to 8.1. yes they might be angry if the performance is bad, but aren't they angry now? at least they see it for themselves how bad it is to upgrade to windows 10 for these phones.
    03-21-2016 08:35 PM
    I agree too...my Lumia 635 is my first ever windows phone and I would like to see it with W10...Although I did get a $29.95 Lumia 640...but I just like the size of the 635...
    03-21-2016 08:43 PM
    Curious where you left the 'good' feedback, seeing as the only two options / categories offered for feedback were, 'Suggestions' : Things that weren't yet available or changes in what was and 'Problems' : All things listed under, well problems.

My point is, most ONLY asked for feedback about what was still Wrong and was was Missing. Yes, there would be 'maybe' one or two pop-ups asking how the upgrade went, or how's your battery life on this build. But that was it.

Anyways, it's what it is. So anyone not getting upgraded can just stay on Threshold builds, as long as they last, and run that last unsupported OS as long as they can. OR.. buy a (for now) supported phone, so they'll get Redstone when it hits (pray your phone can still hack it by then); OR.. move on to another OS completely. Oh.. you can wait for a Surface Phone too if you want. I hear it's Coming Soon.
    03-21-2016 08:47 PM
380 1234 ...