03-25-2016 01:42 PM
380 12345 ...
tools
    Do you really expect any carriers to be ready?
    I never said I did. A question was asked about the reason for delays, and I gave one. Where you drew anything else from my statement from, I don't know.
    03-21-2016 08:57 PM
    the decision was solely made on insider reviews on stability and performance. hardware restrictions are the major cause here as most of the now unsupported windows 10 devices are with snapdragon s4 processors. as of now these remain unsupported.

promises were made but because of the unsatisfactory performance of win 10 on those devices this decision was made. microsoft did do well by upgrading majority of upgradeable devices including low end 435. here we notice that minimum SoC requirement for windows 10 seems to be snapdragon 200 processor which are found in 435 low end and also recently launched 650 .

microsoft has even declared there wont be any second wave of windows 10 upgrade. while lumia icon is still being considered. whereas high end 925 is left behind. so its all about the outdated hardware which is the major culprit here.
    They released outdated hardware in the first place claiming the efficiency of OS. Now its a culprit??
    Jason Rosenthal and theefman like this.
    03-21-2016 09:54 PM
    They released outdated hardware in the first place claiming the efficiency of OS. Now its a culprit??
    well you can sit all day and argue on that but for what?? you need to decide now if you need windows 10 or not, whether you want to upgrade to move to another OS .

arguing over this just doesn't makes sense anymore :)
    03-22-2016 12:28 AM
    U guys are killing me with the crying

The x2x phones are over 3 years old, they were only guaranteed 36 months support long before windows 10. U knew this years ago.

The m8 and the icon I believe has something to do with Verizon so maybe they got rid of the m8 because of the carriers holding up (especially Vzw and att) updates.

They had said a year ago some devices might not get the update, and they PLANNED on getting the update out. Stuff happens it's life. Insiders complained about those phones performance issues so they dropped the phones 90% of u guys it was time for a upgrade anyway

Either way it goes u guys can STILL put insider on your phones, and STILL use the same .164 everyone else is using and possibly up until Redstone Is released and still use the new apps.

Wtf are u complaining about u still have time to get a new phone while using windows 10

Sent from mTalk
    1320 and 1520 were on the same date. And 1320 is faster than 435.
    KRDROIDD likes this.
    03-22-2016 12:36 AM
    I totally agree!!!! You buy the company (Nokia/Lumia) and then you kill off the product? I have a Lumia 1320 and it has the same specs as the 1520! I understand why your customers leave your products, it a shame! I guess I'll go back to Apple!
    Joni Sin and KRDROIDD like this.
    03-22-2016 12:38 AM
    So the excuse for the high end Icon and M8 is.....?
    There is no excuse. The whole thing with Verizon blocking bla bla is crap! MS simply does not care as usual.
    03-22-2016 01:16 AM
    I have a Lumia 1320 and it has the same specs as the 1520!
    Absolutely not.

There is no excuse. The whole thing with Verizon blocking bla bla is crap! MS simply does not care as usual.
    You do realize it could be HTC not willing to support the update by releasing the drivers/firmware and Verizon not provisioning the update. Simply blaming Microsoft here is unjustified, there is a whole lot of legal T&C that Microsoft will break if they push the software without the carrier/manufacturer approval.
    03-22-2016 01:16 AM
    Absolutely not.

You do realize it could be HTC not willing to support the update by releasing the drivers/firmware and Verizon not provisioning the update. Simply blaming Microsoft here is unjustified, there is a whole lot of legal T&C that Microsoft will break if they push the software without the carrier/manufacturer approval.
    Well again it's MS's fault that their were not able to get approvals for the M8 They seem unable to get anything done...or you call Win10mobile done? it is still full of bugs after more than a year :))) What can I say about MS, pathetic, simply pathetic, ever since the WP7 fiasco...
    03-22-2016 01:30 AM
    I could live with not getting the general update, but they are not releasing anymore insider builds to the M8, they are just leaving us to swing in the breeze.
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    03-22-2016 01:31 AM
    Apple: action speaks louder than words
    Google: so said, so done
    Microsoft: speak one way and act another

Only fun
    03-22-2016 01:31 AM
    As always, gotta pay to play unfortunately.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-22-2016 01:58 AM
    Apple: action speaks louder than words
    Google: so said, so done
    Microsoft: speak one way and act another

Only fun
    Only fun, but what the hell does any of that mean? Are you saying Apples rampant overcharging for hardware doesn't need words to back it up? Google...sorry Alphabet's a paragon of virtue? Strange world you live in my friend ;)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-22-2016 03:29 AM
    I totally agree!!!! You buy the company (Nokia/Lumia) and then you kill off the product? I have a Lumia 1320 and it has the same specs as the 1520! I understand why your customers leave your products, it a shame! I guess I'll go back to Apple!
    1320 does not have the same specs as a 1520...not even close. Better start saving for your iPhone then. Hint: It costs a heck of a lot more than a 1320.
    ThePyrobri and RumoredNow like this.
    03-22-2016 03:31 AM
    So many people around here saying they are going back to iPhone. Usually from a low end WP that cost a fraction of the former. Hmmm....? I realise there is some disappoint but let's keep the BS to a minimum eh?
    03-22-2016 03:33 AM
    So many people around here saying they are going back to iPhone. Usually from a low end WP that cost a fraction of the former. Hmmm....?
    People is strange :/
    dgrn23 likes this.
    03-22-2016 03:34 AM
    Microsoft didn't cheat anyone.
    If anyone feels cheated then you misunderstand.

Microsoft simply can no longer coddle devices from 2013.
    Continued support for these boat anchors just wasn't in the cards.
    We bought them we liked them we should appreciate what we have.

Things die.
    Tires wear out.
    The weather constantly changes.
    Electronic devices reach end of life.

Microsoft has done what they can and finally realized there was a need for a cutoff.
    It's time to enter the next room.
    You can stay here or you can embrace a better future.
    03-22-2016 03:52 AM

Things die.
    Tires wear out.

Microsoft has done what they can and finally realized there was a need for a cutoff.
    Well said. Mobile devices are not washing machines. Every phone we buy has a limited life. This is the same on other platforms. Earlier iOS devices are struggling on iOS 9 now and won't get 10. Android handsets can count on 2 years at most. Move on.
    03-22-2016 04:07 AM
    Well said. Mobile devices are not washing machines. Every phone we buy has a limited life. This is the same on other platforms. Earlier iOS devices are struggling on iOS 9 now and won't get 10. Android handsets can count on 2 years at most. Move on.
    Thanks!

Old business proverb:
    What's promised by word of mouth and what's guaranteed in writing are two different things.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-22-2016 04:19 AM
    Keep a track of Microsoft real words rather than the Chinese whispers, they have never 'promised' all devices an upgrade, their intention was to upgrade all but as these devices have proved to be too underpowered they have made the sensible decision to cut some of them. Get your facts STRAIGHT before you HATE...!!
    03-22-2016 04:22 AM
    Thanks!

Old business proverb:
    What's promised by word of mouth and what's guaranteed in writing are two different things.
    Well said Guytronic! After the debacle of Windows Phone, and the recent plethora of devices, Microsoft have had to move away from the poisoned chalice that was WP. The amount of devices available, and the different variations, needed sorting out. It is a sad fact of life that devices are defunct after a short period. My note 3 was left languishing after 12 months. It took another few months to get Android L, and then we got 5.0.1!! It was full of bugs, and felt as if Samsung just threw it out there to appease us.

MSFT, HAD to do something for Win10Mobile to gain traction. On top of this, OEM's are now on board, and they, obviously, want to sell devices. Those on the insider program with the legacy devices must have reported issues. I can't see MSFT alienating users, without good reason. I saw a post the other day where a guy said that .164 rang fine on his device. There were only a couple of issues. I can't remember what device he had but his 'two' issues were....." It works great on my phone apart from 2 issues, it keeps crashing / locking up, and when I open store, the phone reboots." This was deemed acceptable to this user. If this is acceptable for the legacy devices, then you can see straight away why MSFT pulled the plug. This behaviour is not acceptable. I doubt they took the decision based on one guys experience, but there must have been more than one report.

Personally, I feel it was a brave move by MSFT. It allows for the Mobile team to concentrate on fewer devices, and allow OEM's to carry some of the development burden. The last thing you want is the unhappy kicking off, as they are the ones who garner bad press and a poor vision of MSFT.

As guytronic said, try getting the latest's roms for older devices on android. The only way is custom ROMs. I had a Tesco hudl. Quad core Intel, 3 gig ram, 32gb on board ( basically a pegatron device ) and was stuck on 4.4.4. We got 5.0, which was as buggy as hell, then they dropped it! Mine was 9 months old! Couldn't custom rom because the bootloader was locked and they wouldn't give us the ability to unlock it.

A two year old device is pretty much obsolete in the tech world now. It's sad that these older devices are excluded, but if it doesn't work as predicted, would you throw money at it, or would you push the devices that it does work on?

You can't run a business on emotion. You wouldn't be around for long.
    03-22-2016 04:47 AM
    Keep a track of Microsoft real words rather than the Chinese whispers, they have never 'promised' all devices an upgrade, their intention was to upgrade all but as these devices have proved to be too underpowered they have made the sensible decision to cut some of them. Get your facts STRAIGHT before you HATE...!!
    Many of the 'haters' should have read the MSFT information. Yes, it said 1 gig ram, yes it did say 8 gb on board, BUT it did say at the end of the sentence......

"Upgrade is Subject to carrier, OEM AND OTHER FACTORS." There is your caveat. Looks like many got excitement blindness.

I guess that was just skimmed over like many posts on here!
    03-22-2016 04:52 AM

Things die.
    Tires wear out.

This.

Things change. Promises get made, broken etc. Life moves on.

If you have an older device you can't expect Microsoft to keep supporting it forever. It is just not viable. If you have a device that is too old it is not the fault of Microsoft for that. Why didn't you upgrade? Of course price may be a factor, I understand that, however the point I am trying to make is that we are responsible for this just as much as Microsoft.

With our reluctance to upgrade and to want to hold on to older technology we are guilty of hindering progress and stopping Microsoft from moving forward. It is the feedback from these people and others on the Insider program that led to this decision. If Windows 10 Mobile doesn't support your phone then unfortunately there is not much you can do.

Complaining on an internet forum will not, sadly, make Microsoft change their mind.
    Guytronic and RumoredNow like this.
    03-22-2016 05:21 AM
    Maybe you can twitt Gabe.....
    03-22-2016 05:23 AM
    Confucius say: Man with head up ***, always has crappy life.
    chasvs likes this.
    03-22-2016 06:46 AM
    I this so Serious, Microsoft keep promising from the earlier release of windows 10 mobile, saying all lumia will get the windows 10 mobile OS for compulsory update.
    But now , no update for 512MB devices. I will keep away from lumia devices. Microsoft told, they provide windows 10 has a service. and after some time, this gonna be stoped, by giving some bad reason. RIP MICROSOFT whole bunch cheaters. If you can't keep up you'r word , don't lie to the consumers.
    Please find quote from Microsoft that says what you claim. MSFT NEVER said ALL Lumia would get a Win10M upgrade. While I'm disappointed to see my Icon is still in the "maybe" column, I don't think your statement is accurate or fair!

Now while I say that, I admit that MSFT has let me down and I have taken a break from them and running an iPhone 6s+ which is the BEST Smartphone I've ever owned! I still love the Windows Phone OS concept and structure, but until there's a REAL Flagship phone on Verizon running a stable OS with a robust App universe, I'm not coming back anytime soon!
    03-22-2016 08:16 AM
380 12345 ...