Outlook email not found in Settings Notifications. Where is it?

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Outlook email not found in Settings > Notifications

After upgrading my Lumia 1520 to official Windows 10 mobile build 10586.164 with Update Advisor notifications for my 2 email stop working.

Checked under every account settings for notifications and "Play notification sound" and "Show Notification in action center" (literally translated from my language) are checked.

I try find Outlook email app under main Settings > Notification but the app not showing in available list for managing app notifications.

What i need to do for add Outlook email app in notification listing for managing my email notifications?

User mard233 suggested looking on Settings > Personalisation > Sounds, but i not found any new option for solving my issue

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Outlook email not found in Settings > Notifications

I had the same issue with WhatsApp not showing up. Eventually it showed up after doing a soft reset.
When I did a hard reset (to sort an unrelated issue) and had to setup my phone again, I noticed that notifications don't show up immediately after installing or setting up an app.
A soft reset worked for me, but oddly enough it seems that receiving a message or mail also forced it to show up.
So, try sending yourself an e - mail, see if it shows up in Notifications, if not, do a soft reset and it should show up. Good luck!

svinyas

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem. Coriously, windows sends the notification to my smartwach. I try to do a soft reset

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I noticed this on my 930.

Really I should do a hard reset, but it's working so well without one apart from this!

Z8JLsgokUI

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

I have an 1530. Same problem, tried hard reset and problem persisted.
I solved it but turning on the Settings>Notification>Group notifications by account in the action center.

daimpa

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

I solved it but turning on the Settings>Notification>Group notifications by account in the action center.
Any idea on what this option does? As far as I know once checked you can't uncheck it!
I've the same problem ewithemail notifications... If I add a second account they work, but for my first account your solutions seems to be the only one.

svinyas

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I do not find this option. Where it is exactly?

daimpa

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

I do not find this option. Where it is exactly?
Go to outlook, click on the 3 dots, settings->notifications, it should be on the top.
Notice that once checked you can't remove this option...

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for reply guys, but sending/receiving emails and performing soft reset don't fix my issue. Also i can tell you another thing: i have set notification for new emails in lock screen/glance and they are not showing like sound was not played.

svinyas

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Go to outlook, click on the 3 dots, settings->notifications, it should be on the top.
Notice that once checked you can't remove this option...

It is done. Checking this option works well notifications. Now I'll add another account of the work to see if it works

daimpa

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Solved! I removed outlook from the start menu, then I sent myself an email and received the notification! Added again outlook to start menu and it works ;)

No need to check the "group" option.

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

Solved! I removed outlook from the start menu, then I sent myself an email and received the notification! Added again outlook to start menu and it works ;)

No need to check the "group" option.

That doesnt work for me. Thanks for suggestion

daimpa

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

That doesnt work for me. Thanks for suggestion
Before doing this, try to add a secondary email account and send it an email (you should receive a notification for this), then remove the secondary email account, then add outlook to the app executed also when your battery is in saving mode. Then remove outlook from the start menu & send yourself an email.
Sorry for my bad english.

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

i have 2 accounts set on my phone.
1st i can remove and reinstall, 2nd is my main ms account account (in my case a gmail account) and i dont know if is sure removing that.
I have also a third account named Outlook account, not set by me with the same email of my MS account (gmail) and i cant remove it (no option in account management).
I dont understand "then add outlook to the app executed also when your battery is in saving mode" part, can you explain?

daimpa

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

i have 2 accounts set on my phone.
1st i can remove and reinstall, 2nd is my main ms account account (in my case a gmail account) and i dont know if is sure removing that.
I have also a third account named Outlook account, not set by me with the same email of my MS account (gmail) and i cant remove it (no option in account management).
I dont understand "then add outlook to the app executed also when your battery is in saving mode" part, can you explain?
Literally translated, go to: Setting, system,
save battery, save battery settings, add mail.

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

Finally i was able to solve my issue:

1. Removed all email accounts on phone;
  2. Soft Reset the phone
  3. Added my 1st account (the MS account one) and check in settings for notifications check boxes;
  4. Sent an email from my PC to this account and waited for notification;
  5. At notification pinned the account on start screen;
  6. Repeat all for my 2nd account.

Now also Outlook email was presents in Main Notifications preferences section of Settings!
Thanks all for suggestions!

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

Maybe worth reporting this in Feedback?

640XL I set up two accounts individually > Notifications
930 I upgraded with 2 accounts already setup > No Notifications

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

Maybe worth reporting this in Feedback?

640XL I set up two accounts individually > Notifications
930 I upgraded with 2 accounts already setup > No Notifications

Also my 1520 was updated with 2 accounts already set

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

Finally i was able to solve my issue:

Removed all email accounts on phone;
Soft Reset the phone
Added my 1st account (the MS account one) and check in settings for notifications check boxes;
Sent an email from my PC to this account and waited for notification;
At notification pinned the account on start screen;
Repeat all for my 2nd account.

I did similar apart from I removed the second account, as soon as I did this the notification appeared for Outlook in the settings, soft reset and I get notifications....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro