Facebook NEW W10M Universal app LEAKS

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Dear fellas,

In a review for the Lumia 650 on WindowsBlogItalia, the new Facebook app appears in the Multitasking menu running.

Hallelujah!

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Via: Reddit

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
For video, search youtube with: "Unboxing e recensione di Microsoft Lumia 650"
@ 5:00 minute it appears

I can't post external links yet on WindowsCentral!

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
So..now they are 2 beta's? one from Microsoft and one from Facebook themselves.
Problem is the one from Facebook is developed using OSmeta (which makes app run laggy as hell on W10M)
Funny thing that will happen, facebook beta from Microsoft will be retired and facebook beta from Facebook will take it's place. So instead of gaining better performance we will get a crappier app.
No offense to Facebook, but instead of using MS technology they want to use the OSmeta they bought, that makes app run crappy on other platforms.
It will be a very funny year for Microsoft.

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Problem is the one from Facebook is developed using OSmeta (which makes app run laggy as hell on W10M)
Funny thing that will happen, facebook beta from Microsoft will be retired and facebook beta from Facebook will take it's place. So instead of gaining better performance we will get a crappier app.
No offense to Facebook, but instead of using MS technology they want to use the OSmeta they bought, that makes app run crappy on other platforms.

Let's hope for the best. Maybe they'll optimize it better through time. The most important thing now is to have a fully functional app!

trmnrs

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope the contextual features that are in the Microsoft-made app come to this app (quick replies to comments in the notifications, and quick RSVP options). If not then I'm personally never switching over. Even if it does run smoother.

The only difference I find between iOS' Facebook app vs Windows' is the speed that pages and timelines are loaded at. Windows' app takes forever, especially when on a slow connection

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I hope the contextual features that are in the Microsoft-made app come to this app (quick replies to comments in the notifications, and quick RSVP options). If not then I'm personally never switching over. Even if it does run smoother.

The only difference I find between iOS' Facebook app vs Windows' is the speed that pages and timelines are loaded at. Windows' app takes forever, especially when on a slow connection

I am not even doubtful that this app will be fully-featured including all the latest additions to the Facebook apps on other platforms. Look at the new Instagram App, it has everything. What I am worried about actually is the performance.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope it won't be an app which feels like a WP8.0 app like Instagram beta "for Windows 10". I mean, when you hide the navigation bar, the app doesn't rescale; instead, there's a black bar where the navbar stands.

I really hope it's not a limitation of that osmeta tool FB are using: we want *beautiful* W10 apps, not technically ported but not comfortable apps.

We'll see how instagram beta evolves, and how FB/Messenger UWA react when they're released.

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I've never understood the complaints about the Microsoft app. while it lagged behind in features I personally never had the experience that many people. Have said they had.

The current app is lacking on many levels:
- The news feed (although better) is still not showing the right stories at the right order (compared to the mobile website).
- The most recent news feed isn't continuous (shows the right stories first, but after you go down further it shows way older stories)
- The UI is a bit clunky and unresponsive at times.
- No way to re-arrange comments (chronological, top comments, most recent)
- Performance is still laggy and the whole app feels slow, especially when refreshing stories.
- When playing a video in landscape, and pressing on the screen, the video freezes while it's still playing.
- Pressing on some stories (especially if you have a notification from that story) can take you to the mobile website.

That's what I can think of currently.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

LOL this is the right attitude, let's start complaining about performance looking at screnshots (or looking at another beta app still under full development)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99