Facebook NEW W10M Universal app LEAKS

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why WindowsCentral and MSPowerUser didn't report this. I tipped both of them but it feels like sometimes they are ordered to keep somethings hidden, especially if they involve them in the Closed Beta!

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Everyone misses the integration apparently, except Microsoft!

Not true, if you think about it the new hub is the Notifications Panel: a list of actionable notification containing rich messages or other things all in the same place. The point is the apps should implement those actionable notifications, when this comes true you will have all the messages from all your contacts from all your apps on a single page from which you can answer or dismiss them. It's only taking a bit too much to come together but if you think about it it's the same exact thing you are missing from the old people hub but much more powerful.

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Not true, if you think about it the new hub is the Notifications Panel: a list of actionable notification containing rich messages or other things all in the same place. The point is the apps should implement those actionable notifications, when this comes true you will have all the messages from all your contacts from all your apps on a single page from which you can answer or dismiss them. It's only taking a bit too much to come together but if you think about it it's the same exact thing you are missing from the old people hub but much more powerful.

Seems like you haven't used WP 7.5.
The concept of hubs is much more than that. It is bigger than just the Me Hub, and many users saw it has a HUGE potential. It included:
- A Messaging hub: SMS + Facebook + Windows Live chatting, all in one place. It could have grown to include an API for other 3rd party developers, to include theirselves in the Messaging app. Imagine a single place for all of your texting needs: Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Telegram, etc.
- A Me Hub: All things about you, including SOME notifications from Facebook and Twitter, your most recent status on any social service at the time, a way to post to all of them at once. It could have grown for more, to include more things about the user on other social services ( an API to give developers access to other services to link to it)
- A Games Hub: All of your games list, scores, Xbox integrated, achievements, avatar, etc. It was way easier to track your games at the time, keep track of friends, etc.
- People Hub: It was truly magnificent to track all about your contacts. Now it basically leads you to the app, which is not bad, but not as fast as it was either!
- Pictures Hub: It included your gallery (in a very great design), with other photos from other social services (which also could have been great if opened to developers to bake it there as well).

You see, this was a great solution to a big problem: being organized and effective while being unique as an OS.

Anyhow, its your personal preference to like it or not, for me and many others, this was one of the things that drought us to Windows Phone in the first place!

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, I was comparing to 8.0 and 8.1, and the new action center takes care of most of the needs and much more. Not saying it's the same thing, just an evolution with a lot of cool features and much more mantainable than the old solution.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The concept of hubs is much more than that. It is bigger than just the Me Hub, and many users saw it has a HUGE potential. It included:
- A Messaging hub: SMS + Facebook + Windows Live chatting, all in one place. It could have grown to include an API for other 3rd party developers, to include theirselves in the Messaging app. Imagine a single place for all of your texting needs: Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Telegram, etc.
- A Me Hub: All things about you, including SOME notifications from Facebook and Twitter, your most recent status on any social service at the time, a way to post to all of them at once. It could have grown for more, to include more things about the user on other social services ( an API to give developers access to other services to link to it)
- A Games Hub: All of your games list, scores, Xbox integrated, achievements, avatar, etc. It was way easier to track your games at the time, keep track of friends, etc.
- People Hub: It was truly magnificent to track all about your contacts. Now it basically leads you to the app, which is not bad, but not as fast as it was either!
- Pictures Hub: It included your gallery (in a very great design), with other photos from other social services (which also could have been great if opened to developers to bake it there as well).

You see, this was a great solution to a big problem: being organized and effective while being unique as an OS.

Anyhow, its your personal preference to like it or not, for me and many others, this was one of the things that drought us to Windows Phone in the first place!

The good old days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon