08-24-2016 11:13 AM
52 123
tools
    Dear fellas,

In a review for the Lumia 650 on WindowsBlogItalia, the new Facebook app appears in the Multitasking menu running.

Hallelujah!

untitled.pnguntitled2.png

Via: Reddit
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:33 AM
    Dear fellas,

In a review for the Lumia 650 on WindowsBlogItalia, the new Facebook app appears in the Multitasking menu running.

Hallelujah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	124074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	629.8 KB 
ID:	124075

Via: Reddit
    sweet :)
    Lampros Light likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:39 AM
    For video, search youtube with: "Unboxing e recensione di Microsoft Lumia 650"
    @ 5:00 minute it appears

I can't post external links yet on WindowsCentral!
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:44 AM
    So..now they are 2 beta's? one from Microsoft and one from Facebook themselves.
    Problem is the one from Facebook is developed using OSmeta (which makes app run laggy as hell on W10M)
    Funny thing that will happen, facebook beta from Microsoft will be retired and facebook beta from Facebook will take it's place. So instead of gaining better performance we will get a crappier app.
    No offense to Facebook, but instead of using MS technology they want to use the OSmeta they bought, that makes app run crappy on other platforms.
    It will be a very funny year for Microsoft.
    trmnrs, pankaj981, hd256 and 1 others like this.
    03-21-2016 08:45 AM
    Problem is the one from Facebook is developed using OSmeta (which makes app run laggy as hell on W10M)
    Funny thing that will happen, facebook beta from Microsoft will be retired and facebook beta from Facebook will take it's place. So instead of gaining better performance we will get a crappier app.
    No offense to Facebook, but instead of using MS technology they want to use the OSmeta they bought, that makes app run crappy on other platforms.
    Let's hope for the best. Maybe they'll optimize it better through time. The most important thing now is to have a fully functional app!
    03-21-2016 08:50 AM
    This is old news, but I didn't know so few people knew about it
    03-21-2016 09:25 AM
    Apparently, not many know about it including myself! It was never posted to major Windows Mobile websites, and I read them daily, so this news was shocking for me! :D :D
    03-21-2016 09:30 AM
    Apparently, not many know about it including myself! It was never posted to major Windows Mobile websites, and I read them daily, so this news was shocking for me! :D :D
    03-21-2016 09:30 AM
    I hope the contextual features that are in the Microsoft-made app come to this app (quick replies to comments in the notifications, and quick RSVP options). If not then I'm personally never switching over. Even if it does run smoother.

The only difference I find between iOS' Facebook app vs Windows' is the speed that pages and timelines are loaded at. Windows' app takes forever, especially when on a slow connection
    03-21-2016 09:40 AM
    Just hope that it can connect with the OS like the current app.
    03-21-2016 09:51 AM
    I hope the contextual features that are in the Microsoft-made app come to this app (quick replies to comments in the notifications, and quick RSVP options). If not then I'm personally never switching over. Even if it does run smoother.

The only difference I find between iOS' Facebook app vs Windows' is the speed that pages and timelines are loaded at. Windows' app takes forever, especially when on a slow connection
    I am not even doubtful that this app will be fully-featured including all the latest additions to the Facebook apps on other platforms. Look at the new Instagram App, it has everything. What I am worried about actually is the performance.
    Lampros Light likes this.
    03-21-2016 09:54 AM
    Just hope that it can connect with the OS like the current app.
    We sure hope so! :D
    03-21-2016 10:18 AM
    I'll be glad when it releases. This Microsoft app is unbearable

Sent from mTalk
    03-21-2016 10:35 AM
    I'll be glad when it releases. This Microsoft app is unbearable

Sent from mTalk
    I've never understood the complaints about the Microsoft app. while it lagged behind in features I personally never had the experience that many people. Have said they had.
    Nicholas Ek and Jazmac like this.
    03-21-2016 10:54 AM
    Sweet! Hope it is released soon, along with the new Messenger app :)
    03-21-2016 11:22 AM
    I hope it won't be an app which feels like a WP8.0 app like Instagram beta "for Windows 10". I mean, when you hide the navigation bar, the app doesn't rescale; instead, there's a black bar where the navbar stands.

I really hope it's not a limitation of that osmeta tool FB are using: we want *beautiful* W10 apps, not technically ported but not comfortable apps.

We'll see how instagram beta evolves, and how FB/Messenger UWA react when they're released.
    03-21-2016 11:41 AM
    I've never understood the complaints about the Microsoft app. while it lagged behind in features I personally never had the experience that many people. Have said they had.
    The current app is lacking on many levels:
    - The news feed (although better) is still not showing the right stories at the right order (compared to the mobile website).
    - The most recent news feed isn't continuous (shows the right stories first, but after you go down further it shows way older stories)
    - The UI is a bit clunky and unresponsive at times.
    - No way to re-arrange comments (chronological, top comments, most recent)
    - Performance is still laggy and the whole app feels slow, especially when refreshing stories.
    - When playing a video in landscape, and pressing on the screen, the video freezes while it's still playing.
    - Pressing on some stories (especially if you have a notification from that story) can take you to the mobile website.

That's what I can think of currently.
    Sedp23 likes this.
    03-21-2016 11:42 AM
    LOL this is the right attitude, let's start complaining about performance looking at screnshots (or looking at another beta app still under full development)
    03-21-2016 11:45 AM
    LOL this is the right attitude, let's start complaining about performance looking at screnshots (or looking at another beta app still under full development)
    Haha, well TBH, the current situation for WM is not cheerful, but we are here and Soon™ is our slogan. :D
    03-21-2016 12:31 PM
    Originally posted by Nicholas Maguire
    Sweet! Hope it is released soon, along with the new Messenger app :)
    Really hope so as well!
    03-21-2016 01:52 PM

It loads data slow, slow to load comments, pictures, the app crashes frequently, and it's not stable the beta and main app.

Every other app loads fine 6tag, instagram, mtalk, read it, disqus etc its only this Facebook app I even tried moving it to device memory it's still sluggish and slow

Sent from mTalk
    03-21-2016 02:10 PM
    It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for it. The current app does everything I need. But Sedp23 makes valid points
    03-21-2016 02:18 PM
    It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for. The current app does everything I need. But this guy makes valid points ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The people hub is pretty much dead. I just want it to sync contact info over I could care less about syncing feeds to the people hub anymore I don't even use it for that anymore

Sent from mTalk
    B_Hawk likes this.
    03-21-2016 02:20 PM
    Originally posted by Shobiz
    It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for it. The current app does everything I need. But Sedp23 makes valid points
    Why did assume that it will lose the integration?
    Paolo Ferrazza likes this.
    03-21-2016 03:01 PM
    Originally posted by Sedp23
    Originally Posted by Shobiz
    It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for. The current app does everything I need. But this guy makes valid points ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The people hub is pretty much dead. I just want it to sync contact info over I could care less about syncing feeds to the people hub anymore I don't even use it for that anymore

Sent from mTalk
    I miss the native hubs concept so bad. It was one of the few differentiators that gave WP its identity.
    03-21-2016 03:03 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD