Why has my lock screen Bing image stopped working?

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Why my lock screen Bing image stopped working?

I have Lumia 950XL, with OS build 10.0.14291.1001 and firmware .39005.

Starting from couple of days ago, my Bing image lock screen stopped refreshing the images. All I see is the default blue Windows 10 image. In my Settings -> Personalization -> Lock screen, I have the "Bing" selected in Background drop down. The title of current image seems to be displayed below that drop down. The reason I say "seems" is because I don't know it is the current title or was the title of last refreshed one. The preview above the dropdown is pure black.

Any idea why?

OMEGA ZT

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
mine only shows the first picture the feather one.
and when I go change the default lockscreen, it freezes for some moments in Linkedln option

calinetz

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Indeed, I have the same issue on Lumia 950, build no. 14295... including what Omega ZT said about freezing for a second on linkedin option, no matter what I had selected. I tried to change from one to another, reset the phone... nothing worked. Now I see the standard blue Windows logo image, which is kind of boring.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why my lock screen Bing image stopped working?

Try using Dynamic Theme. I had this same problem and came here searching for answers. Dynamic Theme works just like Bing Lock screen plus it offers Windows image of the day as well as Bing's.

Hopefully this helps 👍🏿

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why my lock screen Bing image stopped working?

Try using Dynamic Theme. I had this same problem and came here searching for answers. Dynamic Theme works just like Bing Lock screen plus it offers Windows image of the day as well as Bing's.

Hopefully this helps ����

+1 for Dynamic theme. Great app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos