W10M Constant wifi traffic drains battery

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 1520 from 8.1 to the release version of W10M. The first day all went fine but then wifi started going nuts. There seems to be constant traffic through my wifi connection resulting in fast battery drain (12% per hour with moderate usage). I checked data usage in the settings and found out that the system app constantly uses the connection. So this morning i performed a hard reset. Took me a few hours to set all up again but once everything is finished the problem is there again. I already set synching of messages, error reports etc. to offline but nothing seems to work. Before the hard reset i had about 1 GB traffic on wifi just during the night.
Does anybody have the same problem or suggestions how to solve it? Thanks in advance!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 1520 from 8.1 to the release version of W10M. The first day all went fine but then wifi started going nuts. There seems to be constant traffic through my wifi connection resulting in fast battery drain (12% per hour with moderate usage). I checked data usage in the settings and found out that the system app constantly uses the connection. So this morning i performed a hard reset. Took me a few hours to set all up again but once everything is finished the problem is there again. I already set synching of messages, error reports etc. to offline but nothing seems to work. Before the hard reset i had about 1 GB traffic on wifi just during the night.
Does anybody have the same problem or suggestions how to solve it? Thanks in advance!

I answered you on the other 3ad,

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I disabled OneDrive upload anyway, synch email is set to depending on use and there are no pending updates in the store. Already read that some people had the same issue in preview versions but i always stuck to official releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss