Windows 10 Mobile Insider 10586.164, can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Mobile Insider 10586.164

Microsoft Says:

Q: If I already have the current Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build and my device is on the updated list of supported devices for the Windows Insider Program, do I need to do anything?

A: No action is required on your part. As a Windows Insider you have the latest build and do not need to downgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 to receive any updates. Your device is up-to-date. If you no longer want to receive Windows Insider Preview builds on a particular supported device, you may switch to Production and await future retail updates or move to the Release Preview ring to receive early app updates

My Question:

I have a Windows 8.1 640 in which I want to upgrade to 10. AT&T does not seem to be in any hurry to release the official build, plus I called them and they said (inaccurately) it was released March 16, 2016. So, is the insider 10586.164 build the Official build going out to devices, or is this build still deemed "Windows 10 Technical Preview For Phones"? If it is still deemed technical preview, I will wait until AT&T releases the true "official" build.

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider 10586.164

10586.164 regardless of whether from the insider ring or not is the same version released as the official build. Rumors suggest ATT is working on a firmware update for radio or some other thing before making it available but who knows how long that will be. There is no difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb