03-25-2016 02:48 PM
58 123
tools
    It's not just Snap chat, but it is emblematic of the problem. I never thought the app gap would bother me, but it's really starting to. I can't download a plethora of apps that my iphone friends are playing with or using. Recently downloaded Robinhood that my iphone friends were talking about... but I can only use it on my iPad (which I don't really like, but it serves as my "couch tablet"). :\ Now, with all the Windows 10 bugs, I'm seriously considering switching. MS puts all of its apps on iphone (OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook). What's the reason to stay on Windows mobile now? Windows 8.1 was smooth. Windows 10 has these random hiccups (random resets, random bluetooth crashing, random Cortana crashing, Band 2 connection issues)... If you can go to another phone with less bugs AND get all the apps? Hmm, why not?
    03-25-2016 11:30 AM
    I surrender. My own opinion about "app gap" is about useful apps, not chats and games. Never thought different :(
    03-25-2016 11:46 AM
    Sure in using the restaurant as analogy sure ms has nice tables to sit in and nice dishes to offer but then in contrast to iOS and android they also have a menu, servers,food ,cooks to cook the food on the menus and one of there best dishes is snapchat. It's why more go to the iOS and android restaurants and not the ms ones and I'm just referring to mobile not pc's. And that's just how I see it and maybe in the minority
    I'm not trying to dismiss the issue you are raising. I'm just trying to show how it doesn't apply to Snapchat which becomes a special case...

It's not just Snap chat, but it is emblematic of the problem...
    Not really. Snapchat becomes a separate category. To the best of my knowledge the CIO of Bank of America never stated the reason their App was pulled from 8.1 was over a dislike of all things Windows.

Choosing not to make or support an App for a platform because the numbers don't add up for you is one thing.

Refusing to ever develop for a platform because you don't like it is quite a different situation.

These two conditions require different solutions for the platform in question. Solving one does not solve the other.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 03-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    03-25-2016 12:20 PM
    Deepak- IMO, I feel that's not so true. It had just passed Blackberry and was predicted to double the user base by 2016, no snapchat.
    Late 2014 early 2015 those predictions were lowered. Snapchat was around at THAT point.
    03-25-2016 12:20 PM
    Well, snap chat is certainly not the reason alone. Maybe for some sure. But I don't know a single person that uses snap chat. Maybe it's not as popular in Canada.
    But I foresee a snap chat client coming to Windows 10. Call me psychic. We shall see after build.

My reasoning is because the open source snap chat client for windows 10 still hasn't been pulled down. Usually that stuff gets dropped really quickly.
    03-25-2016 01:38 PM
    I remember the days when no Candy Crush was the end of WP.

Sent from my Surface 3
    03-25-2016 02:23 PM
    Well, snap chat is certainly not the reason alone. Maybe for some sure. But I don't know a single person that uses snap chat. Maybe it's not as popular in Canada.
    That is what I think. Well that may be the reason of MS having low marketshare in US, but not for non-US world.
    03-25-2016 02:26 PM
    Let's be honest, this thread and specifically the OP has been adequately answered several times and any further discussion won't change the main issues here. Closed.
    03-25-2016 02:48 PM
58 123