Exclude folders from Photo App?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to exclude certain folders from my Photo app? I use whatsapp and every (silly) picture anyone ever sends is saved and by default also pops up in my photo app. I think you can select the folders you want on the desktop version of Windows 10, but cannot seem to find this on my lumia 950 xl...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to exclude certain folders from my Photo app? I use whatsapp and every (silly) picture anyone ever sends is saved and by default also pops up in my photo app. I think you can select the folders you want on the desktop version of Windows 10, but cannot seem to find this on my lumia 950 xl...

No, that's as desktop. Win10 consider a Photo every pic in the device, and collect them in Photo app, even if in different folders.
You can only disable the showing Onedrive pics (very useful for avoid data + battery + cpu % draining)

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I want to disable it on my phone, not on my desktop ;) And the problem is the whatsapp images get saved automatically on my phone (either internal or SD) and therefore show up in the Photo App. Thats so stupid, we already have the file explorer for advanced managing of content, no need to see EVERY image in the phone in my photo app...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I want to disable it on my phone, not on my desktop ;) And the problem is the whatsapp images get saved automatically on my phone (either internal or SD) and therefore show up in the Photo App. Thats so stupid, we already have the file explorer for advanced managing of content, no need to see EVERY image in the phone in my photo app...

You could find it stupid, that's your own opinion, but it was the Photo app meaning.
You can use Favourite for select what do you prefer to see. But that's normal. Photo app was created for that. Leave a feedback for a future folder selection ;)

SirThoreth

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the Photos app only shows local-saved photos contained in the Pictures folder. Put them in another folder, and they don't show up in the Photos app.

My SD card, for example, has a "DCIM" folder, a "My Pictures" folder, and a "Pictures" folder on its SD card, as well as having pictures in the Music folder, and a backup folder called "Amazon MP3". Only the contents of the "Pictures" folder shows up in the Photos app.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Maurizio Troso: It's called Photo app, so it should collect all my photo's... not all my pictures... thats why I think its silly to just display any image on the phone :(

@SirThoreth: lets see if I can change the default place for saving images... thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234