How to remove the weather forecast from my calendar L950 on .164?

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am guessing there is an answer for this somewhere, but I did a hard reset on my phone yesterday and I cannot find the setting to remove the weather forecast from showing up in my calendar. Before the hard reset I didn?t have this. Not sure why this is annoying me, but it is kicking in my anal retentiveness. Please let me know if this is currently possible, and thanks in advance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Using a browser: Calendar.live.com > settings gear icon (top right) > option > remove option for weather

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Lol I guess it has had time to do it's thing.. Removing the account and adding it again might help. In the calendar app (phone) under settings, there is also a weather option. Mine doesn't show anything, but check yours
Yeah I tried that already. I will try to remove the account and add it back.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
im-back.png

Sorry for the theatrics :D Couldn't resist tho. So after collaborating all night (it was more like 10 minutes tops) with my colleagues (mainly Techfreak1 + RumoredNow) I think we have your solution..

• Settings > privacy > location > turn off location for mail + calendar (not sure if this will have any impact on traffic alerts)
  • Calendar.live.com > settings gear icon > options > turn off weather data (which you already did)
  • (I also did a hard reset, but I think removing the account and adding it again should have the same effect)
  • And finally; waiting. Took about 8-10 hours for my changes to take place, luckily I was sleeping in the meantime :p

Hope it works for you

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how to say thanks enough on this. It is much appreciated and I like the theatrics.

Here is where I am at. I did switch off the location setting in the privacy menu yesterday afternoon at some point. Today, now when I open the calendar it is only showing the forecast for the next 2 days, while before then it was displaying the next 4 days prior to switching it off. I think patience is the key for me now.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to say thanks enough on this. It is much appreciated and I like the theatrics.

Here is where I am at. I did switch off the location setting in the privacy menu yesterday afternoon at some point. Today, now when I open the calendar it is only showing the forecast for the next 2 days, while before then it was displaying the next 4 days prior to switching it off. I think patience is the key for me now.

Lol no thanks needed :) sometimes it's fun to learn new things :D

Keep us updated on your situation tho. Like I said, I did throw in a hard reset in between, but I'm not sure if that had any impact. Just checked my calendar again to confirm and the weather icons are still gone

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Keep us updated on your situation tho. Like I said, I did throw in a hard reset in between, but I'm not sure if that had any impact. Just checked my calendar again to confirm and the weather icons are still gone

Since my 520 a few years ago, I can't remember a Calendar without forecast, even in 8.1..... That's so true, people is so different one by one :D

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since my 520 a few years ago, I can't remember a Calendar without forecast, even in 8.1..... That's so true, people is so different one by one :D

I have IFTTT/pushalot set up to send my weather data so having it in my calendar was kind of overkill anyways :p but I did turn on the feature when it was first available, because it was handy to simply look at my calendar and get a sense of what the next few days might look like with regards to the weather and my appointments

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Update: As of today I am just getting forecasts for today and tomorrow. Getting better day by day. So nice to see my calendar with less clutter!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle